PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: Check-calling TT overpair after getting heat

SmallPotJeff
02-20-2007, 02:43 AM
Button is ridiculously tight: 8.5/1.4/Inf. after 70 hands

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($106.05)
SB ($32.45)
BB ($17.80)
Hero ($46.85)
MP ($33.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.75) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($20.75) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $14</font>, Hero calls $14.

River: ($48.75) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $17.5</font>, Hero calls $17.50.

Final Pot: $83.75

Thoughts on all streets? Am I likely to be ahead often enough to call down? Should I have 3bet the flop / led or CRAI on the turn / or folded somewhere along the way, and if so, where?

Marshall28
02-20-2007, 02:50 AM
ok heres a good rule to follow:

when villain takes control of the hand away from you, its generally safe to assume that he has u beat unless youve seen him bluff raise in similar situations before.

in this hand, you raised pf, and bet out at a pretty good flop for u. he takes the lead, however, i think you really shouldnt fold just yet on the flop.
your turn check is good, but you cant really call anymore at this point. youve shown strength and represented your hand, and he is representing something stronger.

Nick C
02-20-2007, 02:57 AM
Villain quite possibly has been somewhat card dead over the last 70 hands, but in any case we do know that he's tight and probably very tight.

Anyway, I don't think I'd make it to showdown in this one. I would probably call the flop raise (a debateable decision, I think) and then fold when Villain bet $14 on the turn.

In all likelihood Villain has a PP (or possibly AsKs), and although you are ahead of 30 combos of PPs while trailing 33 PP combos, Villain has the better of the outs, (some of the PPs you're beating on the flop have a straight draw in addition to set outs), I think Villain's range should be weighted toward the bigger PPs, despite the lack of a preflop reraise, since Villain appears to be so tight.

Having said all of that, I wouldn't be shocked or anything if Villain just had AKo. Some players seem to think AK is the nuts even after they miss the flop, and as far as that goes, this Villain's postflop aggression (which is currently infinite) is a somewhat encouraging sign.