PDA

View Full Version : 2pair facing huge overbet on the river

El Tigre
02-20-2007, 01:55 AM
WPEX NL25 I am new to the table so no reads.
Hero has $31.50
SB has $39.25

Hero is in the BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Folded around to the SB who limps, Hero checks

Flop
K/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif10/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $2, SB calls
Pretty standard right?

Turn Pot is $4.50
K/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif10/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets $4.30, Hero Calls
I think this is my first mistake. Should I have raised it up again?

River Pot is $13.10
K/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif10/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bets $31, Hero.........
I dont know this hand seems very weird. What would you have done?

Avocado
02-20-2007, 03:39 AM
Fold river.

I don't think calling the turn bet is a mistake. You have a good hand, but the board is scary.

and I'm raising this pf.

Nick C
02-20-2007, 03:46 AM
I think the turn call is all right. Or I wouldn't raise, in any case. You did that once, and Villain followed up with a pot-sized turn bet. He seems to like his hand.

I would grudgingly fold to the near-push on the river. 45 hand combos give Villain a flush, and, well, he's kind of acted like he flopped one of those.

Meanwhile, hands like AcJs and Js9c and KQ are not out of the question. I think you're mostly hoping for a worse two pair or a frustration push with the naked ace of spades.