PDA

View Full Version : 50NL: Extracting on the turn

RunDownHouse
02-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Villain is 28/18 and plays like it. We've been getting in a few pots, but I don't think any of them have gotten past the turn. Also, the last orbit or two he'd been repotting my button raises after a very loose, bad SB flat called them. I had to fold most of the time.

I couldn't decide between leading this turn and going for a c/r. I almost checked the flop, but I'd been c-betting consistently regardless of holding, and I think this guy is sharp enough to notice that. So I thought the only things he calls the flop with is air, planning on betting the turn if checked to or folding, a Q or pp, or a draw. Given that range, he's folding most hands to a big turn bet, but betting lots of them when checked to.

So is that a clear case for a turn c/r AI? If you lead, how big do you go? A half pot turn bet leaves me with about a half pot bet left on the river.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1.1/$1.1
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $87.60
CO: $20
Button: $50
Hero: $56.65
BB: $8.95

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6.5</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($12.50, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $8</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ($28.50, 2 players)
Hero...

_TKO_
02-19-2007, 11:50 PM
He's aggressive, so I'd let him bet this one after I check. I guess pushing is best after that, but I'd like someone else to convince me why that's true.

RunDownHouse
02-19-2007, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's aggressive, so I'd let him bet this one after I check. I guess pushing is best after that, but I'd like someone else to convince me why that's true.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I couldn't raise any smaller, and once I shove, he's looking at getting right around 3:1, so I might get a call out of his flush draws. I really doubt he's got QQ or 3x here, right?

barryc83
02-19-2007, 11:54 PM
I like a CRAI here, not very draw and it looks like you have AK or JJ when you check IMO. If he checks through I usually open push the river bc people think youre trying to buy it after you check turn and shove river.

Gelford
02-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Hero is out of position, so Hero just plays simple poker and leads turn.

If hero is scared he bets half pot else more.

b2l_cricket
02-20-2007, 12:29 AM
If you check he might put you on AK and try to bluff or value bet a smaller PP. I think he will check behind a lot too. I don't think this line is clearly better than betting half pot on turn then shoving river. I think the your recent history with him might dictate your play. If he has seen you bet flop then turn a few times he might think you are doing it light. The two lines seem pretty close to me.

_TKO_
02-20-2007, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero is out of position, so Hero just plays simple poker and leads turn.

If hero is scared he bets half pot else more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you calling a turn shove?

Gelford
02-20-2007, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Are you calling a turn shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that is hard to answer without sitting at the table being able to read and having a fell for how villian plays other than a PT stat.

But I am more likely to call a turn shove than to fold, villian seems aggro and depending on my image etc etc ... but I could see him showing things like AQ, KQ ... somekind of pair like TT ... or simply bluffing, it is a paired flop and if turn blanks, then ....

Most likely outcome is that villian folds I figure ... allthough since this hand got posted, either hero checked and felt lost or bet and faced a shove.

Full ring is a different matter with all its setmining nits, but here at a 6max table with a aggro opp ... especially if we both have been firing bets out regulary. In general I felt this hand.