PDA

View Full Version : AKo - I suck at NL question?

PokerSparky
02-19-2007, 11:26 PM
From memory. No reads.

6 handed game on UB.

Hero has close to full stack (~$25)
Villain has me covered.

Blinds .10/.25

I raise to $1 with AKo UTG

Button reraises to $2.75. I call.

Flop comes Kxx.

Are you willing to put the rest of your stack in on the flop?

Entropy4
02-19-2007, 11:33 PM
I pick:

D) Need more information.

If the question is if I would shove immediately, the answer is absolutely not. I'd bet out about 3/4 of the pot and see what the villain does. If they raise all-in, then you're in a tough spot with no reads. This is a much more reasonable question.

And for the record, unless I had a good read that villain was loose-aggressive and/or a maniac, I wouldn't call an all-in raise on the flop in this situation.

PokerSparky
02-19-2007, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I pick:

[/ QUOTE ]

If villain makes a PSB and I make a PSR and villain pushes, I'm committed, right?

PokerSparky
02-19-2007, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I pick:

If the question is if I would shove immediately, the answer is absolutely not. I'd bet out about 3/4 of the pot and see what the villain does. If they raise all-in, then you're in a tough spot with no reads. This is a much more reasonable question.

And for the record, unless I had a good read that villain was loose-aggressive and/or a maniac, I wouldn't call an all-in raise on the flop in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it's a mistake to go for a checkraise on this flop?

Entropy4
02-19-2007, 11:41 PM
Aren't you first to act? Villain was on the button. Are we assuming we're check/raising?

But yeah, if they bet out about $5, you raise $15, yes you are commited.

Entropy4
02-19-2007, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So it's a mistake to go for a checkraise on this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so, because like you pointed out, you're pot-commited if they come back over the top of you. A reasonable villain here has JJ+, AQs+. With this flop you're either going to win a small pot (from JJ, QQ or AQ), be dominated in a giant one (from AA or KK), or chop (to AK).

It's a hard situation. There are guys around here more knowledgeable than me who will probably give a better answer. But I don't like check/raising the flop because he showed a lot of strength pre-flop. Just betting right out lets us get away from our hand if we're raised hard, and also gives us a cheaper turn card to re-evaluate.

Gelford
02-19-2007, 11:58 PM
I am willing to 4-bet pf with AK

br.bm
02-20-2007, 12:29 AM
no
I don't play TPTK for stack without a good read.

just bet and if he raises big insta muck.

marvin_1935
02-20-2007, 12:38 AM
i'll call a 3bet with AK in position, but i dont want to play AK oop, so i 4bet or fold pf.

corsakh
02-20-2007, 12:40 AM
Depends on the button. If the button is good, the answer is yes since he can be 3betting very light from the button. If no, its dangerous.

Antinome
02-20-2007, 02:55 PM
The 3bet sufficiently narrows his range in most cases that unless Kxy: x or y >= 9 I suspect that I am crushing him now. I don't want to lose value from 99-QQ, pay off AA,KK, and chop with AK by going batshit crazy, but I still want money in the pot. If he's a non-believer, I'll bet anyways, since he 'knows' I would do that with anything, and then I'll 'give up' (CRAI) on the turn. If he's aggresive and observant, I'll play the 'non-believer', check-pause-call, B3BAI turn. If he's bluffy, I might just call down.

If his range is only JJ+ I'm really not going to like it if he wants to put it all in, and that guy I will check/call, check/fold provided bets are smallish. If his range is QQ+ I fold preflop.