PDA

View Full Version : Question about catching thunder

fees
02-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Sorry I don't know how to convert hand history yet, I'm still new.

OFCOURSE why would I ever tell you my hand? =) I had 1010

My friend and I were having a debate over what to do in this senario and I just wanted opinions.

.25/.5 9 handed NL

Hero: $90
Villian: $50

Villian is middle position and Hero is the button.

Two limpers and the VIllian raises minimum, Hero reraises pot, about 4.25. Villian calls and we goto the flop. Flop comes Q54, rainbow. Villian is first to act and bets $3.25 at $10.5 pot. I think hes weak so I reraise to $13.5, he calls.

The turn is THUNDER, I catch 10 of clubs, (now two clubs on board) and he checks to me, i also check.

River is a King and he checks, I value bet and he calls.

He ended up having AKo, but the dispute we are having is whether or not to bet the turn.

I say check the turn, that 10 didn't help and I was sure he didn't pick up a FD, I thought I should be deceptive and fake weakness, will help on the river because I have position and if he can catch up I will get what's in front of him.

He says value bet the turn as a continuation bet and will get all of it in the middle on the river no matter what he has.

I appriciate your responses, thanks!

(If anything is unclear lmk)

I can do the potsize by memory,
I hadn't played that long with him, but he was more passive for sure.

Going to the flop: 10
Going to the turn: 35
Going to the river: 35
Final: 61

EMc
02-19-2007, 11:17 PM
What is your hand?

br.bm
02-19-2007, 11:26 PM
TT?
depends on villian
pot is $30 on the turn and he has ~30 left (please note pot sizes on each street)

If he's aggro you can induce a river bluff by checking
if he's a calling station just bet about $10 to keep him in the hand and make the river shove easy

kekedarius
02-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Converter is here (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) yo

_TKO_
02-19-2007, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he's aggro you can induce a river bluff by checking
if he's a calling station just bet about $10 to keep him in the hand and make the river shove easy

[/ QUOTE ]

This pretty much sums it up.

marvin_1935
02-20-2007, 12:56 AM
i dont understand the pole. i'm betting the turn, because the villain called a not insignificant raise on the flop. of course if i thought he had AK i would check, but against HIS RANGE you're missing value by checking.