PDA

View Full Version : 50nl Turn two pair, your play?

spyderracing
02-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($4.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ($10.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $16</font>

I think this is a push, but I want to hear your opinions...

spyderracing
02-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Should add that villian has a little more than 50bb's, didn't notice nedelwurst didn't include stack sizes.

b2l_cricket
02-19-2007, 11:03 PM
I remember reading some micro stakes post that said when the villain raises the turn they have at least two pair. You have the worst two pair here. I have found this to be pretty true in the games i play. I think i would lean towards folding here. I don't know the games on full tilt and i know there is a lot of variation between the sites.

_TKO_
02-19-2007, 11:13 PM
He's not raising a flush draw, and probably not one pair (except maybe an oddly played QQ+). I hate to say it but folding seems right here.

AKQJ10
02-19-2007, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should add that villian has a little more than 50bb's, didn't notice nedelwurst didn't include stack sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an option you can set on the site.

Nothing new here, but this is entirely read dependent. If Villain has a history of slowplaying overpairs/TP on the flop, push. If Villain has a history of semibluff turn raises (something that rational players might do, and something that I would expect at NL50 since Congress killed online poker) then probably push.

Against 75% of opponents, or an unknown, fold. If you're best you're not far ahead, but if you're behind you're in trouble.