PDA

View Full Version : NL50 6max: overpair vs. aggressive Villain

Smilin'
02-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Villain seemed TAGish and decent here. I don't think I had more specific reads, though I don't remember for sure. My PT database has him at 18/13/5.75 now over 100 hands; I didn't have as many hands at the time, but I think the stats were similar. No really notable history between us.

I'm really not sure I played this right on any (postflop) street. On the flop should I raise so I havea better idea where I'm at later in the hand? Usually I don't like doing that because it's not clear I lose less finding out I'm behind than slowing down and calling. But the flop is draw-heavy. The turn card is scary, but he seems scared of it too; should I bet to push him off? And on the river, have I shown so much weakness that I need to call? I don't beat much at that point.

Oh, and I know, "reload preflop." Just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $17.70
UTG+1: $25.65
Hero: $40.50
Button: $66.40
SB: $55.35
BB: $63

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($5.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ($15.75, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($15.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $13</font>, Hero folds.

Hank Scorpio
02-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Raise the flop not for information, but for value and to price out a draw (which I think is what villian has).

OtZman
02-19-2007, 08:15 PM
I'd raise flop to around $16 (PSB). As played I think I fold river. The flush got there, four to a straight, and another 9 on the turn which would give him trips if he started out with top pair.