PDA

View Full Version : Building a bankroll from small stakes

fees
02-19-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm new to poker forum's but play as if I had nothing else to do. I'm constantly looking to imrpove but I want to do something very sustainable.

I like to multitable ring games and was wondering with a bankroll of $1000 what the best approach is. The main area's for input I'm looking for is game selection (website and finding fish), limits (NL limits), 6 or 9 handed, approach (I'm tight aggressive, trying to adopt BoostedJ's style, I liked a video of his I saw).

Beyond this anything else I would also greatly appreciate, I'm always trying to learn more, I play so much that I would like to think I know what I'm doing. Thanks alot.

Ryan

Gelford
02-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Too many and too vague (or broad) question

Welcome to the forums, hope you like it here. There is a full ring forum, several 6max forums and even a heads up forum. Also plenty of faqs and a search function.

Explore, parcitipate and most importantly post hands /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sean Fraley
02-19-2007, 07:28 PM
If you are still getting used to the game, I would start at the lowest limits of the game and move up as you feel comfortable. This helps keep your mistakes cheap as you learn the game. If you already have enough experience and info to know that you are a winning player, just dive into the highest stakes you are bankrolled for.