PDA

View Full Version : 25NL OESFD on flop in BSB play

BennyProfane
02-19-2007, 01:16 PM
My thoughts on this hand are that I'm playing the hand in position and want to get a little more money in the pot pre. With the flop, I'm semi-bluff raising for value with 15 outs. My notes on the SB are that he's passive when he misses the flop, but will bet for value when he connects. Did I play this hand correctly?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BTN: $25
SB: $25.45
Hero (BB): $42.95
UTG: $24.30
MP: $23.50
CO: $58.35

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.35, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB calls $0.15, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, SB calls $0.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($1.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.75</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $4.25

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif [7/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($17.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4

<font color="black">River:</font> 2/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif [3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($25.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $4 returned to SB

matrix
02-19-2007, 01:51 PM
alllllllllllll eeeeeeeeeen on the flop.

what value can you get if the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif drops on the turn?

what value can you get if any /images/graemlins/heart.gif falls on the turn and he hasn't got the flush? - he likes his hand *now* - we are way ahead *now* - so get your chips in on that flop.

Gelford
02-19-2007, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

what value can you get if any /images/graemlins/heart.gif falls on the turn and he hasn't got the flush? - he likes his hand *now* - we are way ahead *now* - so get your chips in on that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul Thomson
02-19-2007, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Genz
02-19-2007, 01:55 PM
That semi-bluff-value-raise-thing is kinda cool. Reraise him all-in. Get your money in while you're ahead.

marvin_1935
02-19-2007, 01:55 PM
no this is not correct, shove over his 3bet. he's calling w/ anything he's 3betting. you're missing a ton of value by not getting it all in on the flop.

Gelford
02-19-2007, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That semi-bluff-value-raise-thing is kinda cool. Reraise him all-in. Get your money in while you're ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not a semi-bluff ... strictly value actually, you do not need any FE, as we are ahead on the flop even though we are drawing (I know you know it, but since OP is new, I am just making sure that he also knows it /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

BennyProfane
02-19-2007, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not a semi-bluff ... strictly value actually, you do not need any FE, as we are ahead on the flop even though we are drawing (I know you know it, but since OP is new, I am just making sure that he also knows it /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I'm ahead of a LOT of hands, including any K that's not KK, but I'm also behind 22, AhXh, which he could have limped with pre and called a pot-sized raise. Should I not worry about those? I understand now that it's a value bet though, thanks for the input guys.

AceLuby
02-19-2007, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I'm ahead of a LOT of hands, including any K that's not KK, but I'm also behind 22, AhXh, which he could have limped with pre and called a pot-sized raise. Should I not worry about those? I understand now that it's a value bet though, thanks for the input guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can pick exactly 3 hands you are behind, every other one you are ahead of. If you 4-bet push you should get Axh to fold. You are way ahead of his range which includes all kinds of hands that are behind you.

matrix
02-19-2007, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I not worry about those?

[/ QUOTE ]

the short answer is no - evn if he has one of those THREE exact hands out of the 30-40 hands he can reasonably hold here you are at worst a 60/40 dog to those three.

In poker you put your opponent on a *range* of hands and vs any meaningful range here you are ahead. Usually way ahead.