PDA

View Full Version : 25 nl aa

jordiepop
02-19-2007, 05:13 AM
villian 65
hero 55

hero is in the bb with a /images/graemlins/club.gif a /images/graemlins/spade.gif

villian limps folded to hero who raises to 1 , villian calls

flop 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif t /images/graemlins/club.gif

hero bets 1.50 villian min raises , hero??

I go from over playing over pairs to being a complete puss with them. Im obv not folding i just wanna know how to play the rest of the hand

MiJ305
02-19-2007, 05:18 AM
3 bet and probably fold to an all in bet

if he calls ,.... try to control the pot by checking or betting half pot .., on the riv por control again , half pot bet , reraise weak bets

if he bets out big on the turn you have something to think about..

thiz vs uknown right? any stats ?

Nick C
02-19-2007, 05:22 AM
Well, man, you guys are both pretty deep.

What I would really probably do is call down unless Villain makes a big overbet at some point. Partly this is because I've gotten scared of min-raises from reading here /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. (But, then, real raises scare me even more. So, in effect, I always get scared when I get raised /images/graemlins/tongue.gif, unless I have a monster.)

The annoying thing about my plan is that it potentially lets Villain off easy if he's just got Tx. I mean, he could have been raising the flop in the hopes of getting a cheap showdown.

So I suppose 3-betting instead is a serious consideration. But you will sometimes get popped again on the turn, and I wouldn't be planning on going to the felt over 200 BBs deep, either.

T-Bone98
02-19-2007, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3 bet and probably fold to an all in bet

if he calls ,.... try to control the pot by checking or betting half pot .., on the riv por control again , half pot bet , reraise weak bets

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree

Nick C
02-19-2007, 05:28 AM
Guys, we're in the BB and out of position.

allaboutmyfetti
02-19-2007, 05:31 AM
I don't like 3betting planning to fold to a flush draw. I would rather call the flop raise and go from there.

The issue I have with 3bing is that (1) it turns the strength of your hand more or less face up and (2) it really bloats the pot which y ou will be OOP for the rest of the streets. The worst thing for us is villian flat calling the 3-bet raise and we're stuck with a big decision on the turn and river (and a lot of villian will smooth call a set on this ragedy board)

Jouster777
02-19-2007, 07:25 AM
If we are going to only call the minraise, which I think is a good line, then we need to lead the turn. We are ahead the majority of the time here so we can't give up too much value. Villain's reaction to the turn lead should tell us a lot about the strength of his hand.