PDA

View Full Version : Two pair flop NL 50

Tony Montana 22
02-19-2007, 04:33 AM
SB is a buddy that I followed to this table from another, BTN is pretty much unkown except he's been on the loose side, mostly limping.

I checked the flop looking to snap a bluff from SB that will get involved with any piece, and obviously I dont mind getting AI against him with my hand, or just fold to heat from anyone else.

Am I better off repopping SB' turn bet?

I put SB on an 8 of some kind and BTN I just didnt have enough info on.

Whats my action as played?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($48.80)
CO ($71.70)
Button ($80.15)
SB ($23.25)
Hero ($52.20)
UTG ($32.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($2) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2.5</font>, Hero calls $2.50, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $7.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $12.5</font>, Hero ??

Nick C
02-19-2007, 04:43 AM
If it's SB you really want to play against, maybe you should just pop the turn and hope he comes along. No one else seems to have anything anyway, and if someone did happen to pick up a draw on the turn, putting additional pressure on them wouldn't be a bad thing (as it is, you're giving pretty good odds to any turned flush draw or OESD).

What I said about no one else appearing to have anything changes once Button pops the turn. He could have turned a worse two pair, I know, but the board isn't really two-pair friendly, and I am worried that he slowplayed a flopped set on the flop instead. (Q8 isn't out of the question either, actually. Some people play top pair passively on the flop, even when checked to, when their kicker sucks.)

I think I'd probably call the raise anyway if SB hadn't interfered with his 3-bet, but as it is, this is looking expensive and suddenly I don't like my hand so much anymore. I think I would fold.

RAHZero
02-19-2007, 04:43 AM
I'd definitely raise SB's turn bet, you want to start building a pot if he's as bad as you make him out to be. As played, I probably make a high variance shove here. Based on what you say, you probably have the SB's range crushed, so your looking to get all-in against him. The button is a bit worrisome, but given the flop action a hand like 86 seems likely for him. You could also call or make a small raise and see how he acts.

Jouster777
02-19-2007, 07:41 AM
I would fold this without the read on SB. However, since we are happy to get it in vs. SB and the board is pretty safe (no one is doing this with a FD) I would just call and see what BTN does. BTN has to fear hero is on a FD now and is unlikely to smooth call a better hand. Also, BTN presumably doesn't have your read on SB so will be scared of the action if he doesn't have a set.

If btn pushes I fold. If he calls or folds I open push river.

Sneds9
02-19-2007, 11:08 AM
I can't really offer much more to this thread, everybody seems spot on. Raise SB in order to isolate.

As played, it's a very tough spot. I wouldn't feel bad about folding it.

EMc
02-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Call me weak tight, but as played this is an instamuck.

JDWKY
02-19-2007, 11:57 AM
What are button's stats? Any chance he tried to get tricky with KK-AA here and is trying to buy his way out now?

If not, then you see Q8 or 33 enough here that its a fold. You probably have SB beat but not sure about button.