PDA

View Full Version : 50nl FD, river pairs board

spyderracing
02-19-2007, 04:25 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($6, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls.

River: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($14, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $38.85</font>

I think this is a pretty standard call, but I'd like to hear some more opinions as lately my game has gone down the crapper. Please comment on all streets. Villian was 32/18/.05.

RAHZero
02-19-2007, 04:37 AM
Is that aggression factor seriously 0.05??? If so, I'd instamuck to the river shove, since it looks like he doesn't bet/raise anything except the nuts. K8 seems quite likely. I'd need a pretty strong read that villain is an aggro-moron to call a river shove on this board, you've shown strength on three consecutive streets and villain doesn't seem to care.

Nick C
02-19-2007, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is that aggression factor seriously 0.05???

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking that can't be right. It doesn't really fit in with the 32/18 preflop stats at all. (If that really is Villain's aggression factor, then he's got one of the weirdest playing styles I've ever seen.)

Anyway, I am curious what Villain's aggression factor really is.

spyderracing
02-19-2007, 05:05 AM
eh that's .5 sorry

Nick C
02-19-2007, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
eh that's .5 sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay.

That's still pretty passive. I think you should fold to the river push.

Edit: The one thing that makes me tempted to call is that it's possible he just decided he loves his hand now that he's made trips (and possibly your flop bet fooled him and he thinks you can't have a flush).

But 0.5 is quite passive for a TAGgish preflop player, and I suspect he was either slowplaying all along or he began slowplaying on the turn.

Sneds9
02-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Agreed, aggression factor is so low that you don't want to mess around here.

I find a lot of passive players don't really know how to extract monies and end up pushing when they have a good hands, as they haven't got a clue about building pots.

This is probably one of those situations.

Against a fairly average opponent though I would think more carefully especially as you have 3-1. Please don't bet so much on the river. I would value bet maybe half pot