PDA

View Full Version : $10 NL - AA in SB, 4 way flop, paired board

Nologo
02-19-2007, 02:44 AM
I'm curious what everyone thinks is the best way to proceed in this spot. BB is aggressive and likes to bluff/semibluff a lot, goes too far with marginal hands. No reads on other two.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.55</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.2, 4 players)
Hero ????

Results:
Final pot: $2.2

Genz
02-19-2007, 02:49 AM
Bet/fold. If called, shut down and try to "get slowplayed".

Nologo
02-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Anyway, in this spot, I opted to check and evaluate, with the intention of leading/folding to a raise on the turn if it got checked around. My reasoning being that if I c-bet the flop, I don't really know where I stand if I just get called. It could be a FD, someone slowplaying trips, or a smaller pair that just doesn't think I connected here.

Results: BB immediately potted it, and after playing with him for a while I knew he wouldn't be betting trips this strong (if he bet half-pot, I'd be more wary) so I put him on a FD and shoved, he called and showed AsTs and missed.

VNV
02-19-2007, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Results: BB immediately potted it, and after playing with him for a while I knew he wouldn't be betting trips this strong (if he bet half-pot, I'd be more wary) so I put him on a FD and shoved, he called and showed AsTs and missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know the answers yourself (based on reads you didn't tell us) why did you post the hand?

VPIP100
02-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Quality first post.

Nologo
02-19-2007, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know the answers yourself (based on reads you didn't tell us) why did you post the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I think it's an interesting spot, and I just happen to be lucky enough to be against someone who's predictable enough to reveal his cards that blatantly. But I'm not entirely sureif my line was optimal without any reads.

I also did say he likes to semi-bluff a lot, and I'm almost positive that he'd have raised me if I lead with a FD or trips.

foibos00
02-19-2007, 03:44 PM
i like the check on the flop. Betting OOP on a 4handed flop gives you no information and it is very likely someone has hit his Q. You are right that a call from your opponents doesn't give you information at all. So check the flop and fold to a raisonable bet unless you have a read, like you apparently did well.