PDA

View Full Version : £50NL 6max: Flop bottom set against two villains on drawy board

OtZman
02-19-2007, 01:49 AM
This is from a £50NL 6max table on Crypto. The converter made it into $ instead of £, but it really doesn't matter.
CO was 62/22/4.00/45, and UTG+1 was 62/7/2/45. I had been playing very tight, I was 11/7/0.00/45 at the time at this table. How do you like how I played this hand?

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $86.15
UTG+1: $39.20
CO: $43.28
Hero: $49.25
SB: $42.02
BB: $30.40

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1.5</font>, Hero calls, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($5.25, 3 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

CO makes a donk bet here. The board is very dangerous and so I make a PSB. Should I bet more here considering there are two villains?

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($29.25, 3 players)
UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $39.75</font>

Both villains call, not that surprising considering their callingstation stats. What do I do here? Is shoving the right move? The turn didn't complete any draws, so I figured if I was gonna bet here it had to be all-in. Many cards I don't want to see on the river.

FalconTi0
02-19-2007, 01:52 AM
i think its ok. the turn is a bit of an overbet but it gets all the money in the pot so i guess its fine

EMc
02-19-2007, 01:59 AM
Standard IMO.

Genz
02-19-2007, 02:52 AM
I like it. You might want to raise more on the flop so that a push on the turn won't be out of proportion. But in general I think your flop raise is a good size and you didn't know that you were going to get called in two spots at that time.

OtZman
02-19-2007, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it. You might want to raise more on the flop so that a push on the turn won't be out of proportion. But in general I think your flop raise is a good size and you didn't know that you were going to get called in two spots at that time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Getting called by two opponets shouldn't slow me down, right?

themandude
02-19-2007, 04:31 AM
Well in a sense it should, be aware of the draws, and the remote possibility of a better set, but that's very rare, unless you play river stars.

_TKO_
02-19-2007, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Getting called by two opponets shouldn't slow me down, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

A turn card like Q/images/graemlins/club.gif would definately shut me down, but I think you played this perfectly.

Hank Scorpio
02-19-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm prolly just betting pot as you're committed either way but would more likely get a player to incorrectly call you.

xorthio
02-19-2007, 04:10 PM
i would reraise this preflop, quite aggresive player in CO raising has a wide range, big chance to take it down there and it gives you the initiative.

flop is fine, maybe little more is better.

you should definetly bet this turn, push looks fine to me

OtZman
02-19-2007, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well in a sense it should, be aware of the draws, and the remote possibility of a better set, but that's very rare, unless you play river stars.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even though there's a possiblity that we're beat, do we have a choice on the turn but to bet, especially there are so many dangerous cards to come?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm prolly just betting pot as you're committed either way but would more likely get a player to incorrectly call you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point.

When I played both UTG+1 and CO called my turn all-in. River was J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, so the final board was 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+1 had K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif (wtf?) and CO had flopped the straight with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif.

Good to know I played this one correctly. This was the second hand during the same ~2h session when I flopped set and villain flopped straight, and in another hand my flopped set was outdrawn by a flush on the river. Just wanted to make sure I played this one correctly. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

OtZman
02-19-2007, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would reraise this preflop, quite aggresive player in CO raising has a wide range, big chance to take it down there and it gives you the initiative.

flop is fine, maybe little more is better.

you should definetly bet this turn, push looks fine to me

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, 3betting in this kind of situations is something I'm gonna try to do more often. I've heard it on some of my other hands as well. Now I almost always just call hoping for a set.