PDA

View Full Version : ($5NL- 6Max) Turned set line, did I miss some value?

Desdia01
02-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Villain has played decent, my play has been loose and fast.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($6.16)
SB ($1)
BB ($5.36)
UTG ($7.10)
MP ($3.78)
Hero ($6.80)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.05, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.15</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.13, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.50) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.35</font>, SB folds, UTG calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.20) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks .

River: ($1.20) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.6</font>

Mal_Pais
02-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Desdia, please take this as constructive criticism.

One, there's no reason to play loose at NL5. Your opponents do that and they pay you off with marginal (or unplayable) hands because of it.

Two, I have yet to see a hand where you played fast. You're hitting monsters and giving free cards like its a soup kitchen.

Three, you have trips with a Q kicker. A set (you have a pocket pair and hit the third card of your rank on the board) is a much more powerful hand and its hidden.

Bet this turn and give Villian insufficient odds to chase whatever goofy draw he may have. Or stack him if he holds a big pocket pair or the case K.

Playing fancy and checking monsters is not necessary at NL5. Bet these types of hands; you'll get plenty of action.

Gelford
02-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Mal_Pais, while I agree with most you have written, raising KQ from BTN with one limper is not really loose or bad or anything like that.

Mal_Pais
02-18-2007, 11:15 PM
I have no problem with the preflop in this hand, Gelford. In fact, I would make it $.25 to go. I was responding to:

[ QUOTE ]
my play has been loose and fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gelford
02-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Sorry mate, I am obv. to sleepy for my own good and unable to read an entire post /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I agree with all you have said in that case

Desdia01
02-18-2007, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

One, there's no reason to play loose at NL5. Your opponents do that and they pay you off with marginal (or unplayable) hands because of it.

Two, I have yet to see a hand where you played fast . You're hitting monsters and giving free cards like its a soup kitchen.

Three, you have trips with a Q kicker. A set (you have a pocket pair and hit the third card of your rank on the board) is a much more powerful hand and its hidden.

Bet this turn and give Villian insufficient odds to chase whatever goofy draw he may have. Or stack him if he holds a big pocket pair or the case K.

Playing fancy and checking monsters is not necessary at NL5. Bet these types of hands; you'll get plenty of action.

[/ QUOTE ]

3c2c (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=9234031&amp;an=0&amp;page=0# Post9234031)

Mal_Pais
02-18-2007, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Two, I have yet to see a hand where you played fast . You're hitting monsters and giving free cards like its a soup kitchen.

[/ QUOTE ]

3c2c (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=9234031&amp;an=0&amp;page=0# Post9234031)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not fast playing a hand. That's spewing.

RAHZero
02-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Read your other thread. If you're going to play LAG, you have to bet when you have good hands too! Bet this turn. Not only are you stacking KJ/KT/K9 and worse kings, hands like mid pocket pairs and even A7 are thinking you're FOS and will call you. When you have a loose image, you should exploit it.

DannyOcean_
02-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Short answer, yes you missed value. Typical villian will call with worse hands.