PDA

View Full Version : ($5NL- 6Max) I got him where I want him but this may be a mistake

Desdia01
02-18-2007, 10:21 PM
Villain is typical $5NL player. I hadn't been getting that many hands since I sat down so I opened up a bit looking to bluff and set up some future hands. This was the first hand me and villain got involved in but he saw me float 87o on a 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif board then check/pot bet a Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif turn into two opponents, then also show.

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($1.90)
SB ($7.77)
Hero ($10.44)
UTG ($3.49)
MP ($6)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls $0.05, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.17) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.05</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $0.05.

Turn: ($0.27) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.05</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.54</font>, UTG folds.
Hero: shows [3c 2c] (high card Ace)
Final Pot: $0.86

Villain said he had QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($1.73)
BB ($3.42)
UTG ($6.10)
Hero ($10.94)
Button ($2.49)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.15</font>, Button calls $0.15, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($0.37) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.1</font>, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.57) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $0.25</font>, Hero calls $0.25.

River: ($1.07) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1

Villain only had $0.99 behind. The K /images/graemlins/spade.gif is what stumped me.

Gelford
02-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Desdia, why aren't you betting flop ... and turn for that matter ?

Desdia01
02-18-2007, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Desdia, why aren't you betting flop ... and turn for that matter ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering my looseness, I probably should have but I though c/clng might be better.

CaptUnlucky
02-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Yeah, what's going on here? Put a raise in somewhere.

Desdia01
02-18-2007, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also considering his stack size and my passive stance in c/clng, I felt I could get more money from him using this line figuring that a raise (ex. on the turn) would have caused him to fold.

Check_The_Nuts
02-18-2007, 10:47 PM
good idea des, make some bad bluffs, show them, then when you hit a huge hand be sure to slow play it.

yuck, if your going to play fast and loose, do it with your big hands too.I'd be AI on the turn here if I was you, probably leading or check raising flop, then getting the rest in on the turn if possible....

Gelford
02-18-2007, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also considering his stack size and my passive stance in c/clng, I felt I could get more money from him using this line figuring that a raise (ex. on the turn) would have caused him to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

And so instead you paid him of big time ... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Desdia01
02-18-2007, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

Desdia01
02-18-2007, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
good idea des, make some bad bluffs, show them, then when you hit a huge hand be sure to slow play it.

yuck, if your going to play fast and loose, do it with your big hands too.I'd be AI on the turn here if I was you, probably leading or check raising flop, then getting the rest in on the turn if possible....

[/ QUOTE ]

I was torn on the flop while comtemplating a c/r.

Mal_Pais
02-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Raise somewhere.

Gelford
02-18-2007, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ... I read it that he had the king of spades and you lost ... well with your play and reasoning, then you have to stick it to him on river and if he has the case king, so be it. Put him all in.

Desdia01
02-18-2007, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ... I read it that he had the king of spades and you lost ... well with your play and reasoning, then you have to stick it to him on river and if he has the case king, so be it. Put him all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not knowing he has the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif, how do you rate the c/c on the scale of mistakes, in terms of value?

Gelford
02-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Shortstacks I look to stack, and with checkcalling, well ... you often end up on river cursing that he might fold if you bet and praying he doesn't check behind so you can checkraise him.

I can't put a value on your line, he might have called you anyway and you would have lost the same amount, but at least you would have gotten the money in while ahead instead of giving free'ish cards and then paying off when no longer ahead.

Desdia01
02-18-2007, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Shortstacks I look to stack, and with checkcalling, well ... you often end up on river cursing that he might fold if you bet and praying he doesn't check behind so you can checkraise him.

I can't put a value on your line, he might have called you anyway and you would have lost the same amount, but at least you would have gotten the money in while ahead instead of giving free'ish cards and then paying off when no longer ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points. My thinking is if he has the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif then I save $0.99 after making a debateable turn c/c.

dirtysanchez
02-18-2007, 11:55 PM
des, the whole point of showing your bluff in the previous hand was so that you can bet hands like this hard on every street and get raised or paid off light

DannyOcean_
02-19-2007, 12:39 AM
you must raise. 5NL opponents are not strategic or thoughtful opponents. Maybe they notice your table image 20% of the time. Raise for value on every single street.