PDA

View Full Version : $25NL Interesting river flush situation

avfletch
02-18-2007, 09:28 PM
I've just sat down at the table and been here less than 1 orbit so villain is a complete unknown.

I'm pretty comfortable with how I got to the river but as always comments on previous streets welcome/encouraged as well as thoughts for what to do in this spot.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $14
SB: $25.7
BB: $23.05
UTG: $9.85
Hero (MP): $25.20

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.35, 5 players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.10</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls $0.85, UTG folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.55, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.55</font>, BB calls $2.55

<font color="black">Turn:</font> J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [3/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($7.65, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif [7/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($7.65, 2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets $3</font> Hero?

Archon_Wing
02-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Villain seems to be playing pretty weak here; I think he's more likely to have an 8 as opposed to a J which may explain that little bet at the end, he might have 87 and made two pair. He could also made a straight. I don't think he has 77 or 88. Your flush is probaly good, so raising it up to $9 and hoping he has something to pay you off with seems to be fine.

Gelford
02-18-2007, 10:27 PM
The only thing to be scared of is a higher flush, but wtf ... I bet healthy and pray that he has JT, so he will play with me ... most likely you will just pick up the 3$ river with villian folding.

And yes, I am also very comfortable with the way you got to river ... your line screams flushdraw, but nobody will notice and just think you cbet and then gave up.

TheSalche
02-18-2007, 11:07 PM
I'd probably raise to $9 - $12 and fold to a re-raise.

Gelford
02-18-2007, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably raise to $9 - $12 and fold to a re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to a reraise ... well that is more than I ever would be able to do.