PDA

View Full Version : 3-Betting Light in 10NL...

cubase
02-18-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm going to be experimenting with 3-betting light a little this evening and was curious if any of you play around this? GP & Muddy both 3-bet light in certain situations but I see this more in their higher limit vids (100NL+).

For those of you in 10NL or other nearby micro limits, have you played around with 3-betting light (with c-bets on good flops even if you miss) and found it to be +EV? GP & Muddy often make distinctions in plays that they wouldn't necessarily try in lower limits unless they pegged the player as being pretty good.

Typically they are trying this move against aggressive players that are raising or min-raising frequently from what I've seen.

Currently I've only been 3-betting with AK, JJ+ and occasionally 99, TT if the raise is from middle position or later.

Gelford
02-18-2007, 09:22 PM
There are two situations to 3bet, one is simply because you figure to be ahead of raiser range, and so you wish to punish him/extract ... or whatever you call it, you've got better cards and so it is +EV

The second is looking for a steal.

Do you think the latter is possible at 10NL ? Are they capable of laying hands down ? If so, then go ahead, I doubt it though.

But on a different note, notice that since some donks like to be the next Gus Hansen and open practically anything, you 3-betting range against them can be fairly wide, but you still do it, because your hand is better than theirs.

ImprovinNewbie
02-18-2007, 09:29 PM
i do this a lot

avfletch
02-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Please don't 3bet light for the sake of 3betting light. As with any decision point in NLHE think through all of the options available to you and choose the one that seems the most +EV.

Gelford
02-18-2007, 09:42 PM
On the other hand it is cheaper to get carried away at 10NL, I did it at 50NL a year ago after watching my first few Cardrunners Video's and .. well I spewed a grand that weekend. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

avfletch
02-18-2007, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the other hand it is cheaper to get carried away at 10NL, I did it at 50NL a year ago after watching my first few Cardrunners Video's and .. well I spewed a grand that weekend. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I'm not the only one /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gelford
02-18-2007, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I'm not the only one /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That made me laugh ... ahhh what fun we had /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DrRock
02-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Its just unecessary in my opinion at this limit. If you think you have the best hand then of course do it, but not for the sake of deception or steals. Are you having trouble being paid off on your big hands? Its been a while since I have played 10, but this wasnt an issue.

Mal_Pais
02-18-2007, 10:45 PM
I don't think its necessary. Villians at NL10 can't fold. When you 3-bet with premium hands, you still get calls from J8s or any A. IMO, you would want to 3-bet light preflop when you have some fold equity. From my experience, there is no fold equity at NL10.

Supwithbates
02-18-2007, 11:03 PM
I do it very profitably at 25NL