PDA

View Full Version : 40nl- did I misplay TT?

Lottery Larry
02-18-2007, 04:44 PM
$0.25/0.25 blinds, 7 other players. Standard opening raise is $1.25. Many of the players are loose, quality of play is average, with some better than others- one guy stacked me off on the turn, with Q8o calling my $1.75 button raise, calling a bet on the flop and then turning trips against my Kings.

Player 1 is UTG- aggressive, but doesn't play a huge range of hands against or with raises, even for this game. Player 2 is the button, about the same, but is stuck a buy-in or two. Both are good at post-flop play and not afraid to back up hands with bets.

Player 1 is UTG, has you covered and opens for $2. You have TT to his left and make it $6. Folded to Player 2, who has about the same stack as you, calls. Then Player 1 makes it $15. You call, Player 2 stews for a while about reraising (your read) and then calls.

Flop is AJT rainbow. Player 1 checks. You have $37.50 left.

What is your play here and why? If you see the turn, what is your plan?

LooseCaller
02-18-2007, 04:56 PM
fold to the 4 bet pf because if you call you only have the pot left and you're severely behind his range.

Gelford
02-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Just get it in, flop has hit something, and if you get shown KQ, then you have 9 and then ten outs to a boat.
And AA has you dead, but you haven't called pf to be worried about AA

Zagga
02-18-2007, 08:08 PM
IMO fold to villains raise to $15. it is $9 more to call, and you are probadly up against a higher pocket pair. odds for hitting set on flop is about 7-1 and you are not getting the implied odds with a total stack of $52.5 at the start of the hand. (you and villain need at least $63 to make this call profitable)