PDA

View Full Version : 4x BB + 1x per limper?

weknowhowtolive
02-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Ive usually followed this rule. However, sitting at a full ring table, in the button, with 6 limpers, this seems a little much. In a 1/2 game we're talking 28 dollars for a raise.

Do you stop this rule at any point? Make it 3x for full ring?

Just curious as to what your "standard" raise is based on limpers.

WarhammerIIC
02-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Where the eff are you finding games with 8 limpers?!??!

In any event, say you're in the BB and there are 8 limpers. You raise it to 3xBB. There are now 11BBs in the pot, and it's 2BBs to call. Pretty much every single hand will be forced to call, and each successive hand will be more and more inclined to call.

In a ring game, I'm probably not raising any more than 10xBB (10% of my starting stack), regardless of the action.

weknowhowtolive
02-17-2007, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where the eff are you finding games with 8 limpers?!??!

In any event, say you're in the BB and there are 8 limpers. You raise it to 3xBB. There are now 11BBs in the pot, and it's 2BBs to call. Pretty much every single hand will be forced to call, and each successive hand will be more and more inclined to call.

In a ring game, I'm probably not raising any more than 10xBB (10% of my starting stack), regardless of the action.

[/ QUOTE ]Oops that should just be the 6...i dont know where that 8 came from.

EMc
02-17-2007, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ive usually followed this rule. However, sitting at a full ring table, in the button, with 6 limpers, this seems a little much. In a 1/2 game we're talking 28 dollars for a raise.

Do you stop this rule at any point? Make it 3x for full ring?

Just curious as to what your "standard" raise is based on limpers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This rule is trash for live games where you will see this many limpers. The best for your open is to see what the table standard is, and go with that. Some tables its 15, some its 7. Just take note.

In this situation, 6 limpers, its only 20, not 28.