PDA

View Full Version : Invention/Product Advancement Ideas

IggyWH
02-17-2007, 06:03 PM
We have a lot of bright, talented people on these forums. That usually leads your mind to wander around and think about stupid, meaningless things a lot. I know this is when I come across some of which I think are great ideas for inventions or to add to the value of something already being produced.

Shows like American Inventor are neat, I think in part because what you see, you think to yourself "I could have come up with that!"

So, lets hear your ideas for inventions and advancements of already made products.

==============

I'll start off with one, a combination of Pandora and Satellite Radio. You can get your Pandora station broadcasted to your Sat radio. It'll add to the normal usage of the Pandora site increased due to new users making new stations (which will cause increase in advertisement dollars) while being able to charge extra for such a service on Sat radio.

I don't know how many Pandora users there are, but I think many would be interested in such an option.

JTrout
02-17-2007, 06:37 PM
The battery charger for my cell phone has a plug-in that folds up.
I wish this fold-up wall charger were built into the cell phone.

Your Mom
02-17-2007, 08:06 PM
how do you go about turning an idea into a product. I can think of lots of ideas but I have no idea how the hell to make anything.

lippy
02-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Mine (and I've been told that they both already exist... stupid parallel thinking);

- A lighted purse... women are always searching through their purse, this would help solve that
- A toilet seat that is like those trash cans that you step on to open... this would solve a lot of arguments.

TyFuji
02-17-2007, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

- A toilet seat that is like those trash cans that you step on to open... this would solve a lot of arguments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant.

mntbikr15
02-17-2007, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how do you go about turning an idea into a product. I can think of lots of ideas but I have no idea how the hell to make anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive been slowly looking into the same. I was recommened several book titles however I dont have them saved on this computer. Ill post them when I can.

-Evan

kidcolin
02-17-2007, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The battery charger for my cell phone has a plug-in that folds up.
I wish this fold-up wall charger were built into the cell phone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's possible (or even desirable). You're converting 120V AC to 5-12V DC, which requires a rather large transformer circuit. Plus, the prongs themselves would take up precious space on the phone.

firstyearclay
02-18-2007, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have a pretty good one now already. You do have to lift it up, but it has this special spring system that lowers it very slowly so it lays to a rest quietly. I learned this from a friend on Long Island.

Now only if you could reverse it to open /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

FYC

Stuey
02-18-2007, 01:17 AM
Make power tools with both power options. Using a cord or going cordless via a battery pack.

suzzer99
02-18-2007, 01:53 AM
Have those little dongle things on your keychain, like mobil fast pass, be able to handle many multiple accounts and add new ones on the fly. So you could have your blockbuster card, your gym card, mobil fast pass, your grocery card, even health insurance etc. etc. all on one little thing that goes on your keychain. Instead of 20 different ones.

jgorham
02-18-2007, 01:54 AM
I have always wanted to make an alarm clock that wouldn't go off until you solved a math problem on it or something similarly stimulating. When I told my brother the idea he sent me this link:

Sweet alarm clock! (http://www.yankodesign.com/product_info.php?products_id=641)

Senor Choppy
02-18-2007, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
- A lighted purse... women are always searching through their purse, this would help solve that

[/ QUOTE ]

These are both awesome.