PDA

View Full Version : 100NL SH, battle of blinds.

iSUCKyouOUT
02-17-2007, 05:44 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($100)
MP ($115.45)
CO ($125.25)
Button ($44.15)
SB :#A500AF(Villain)/ ($246.60)
Hero ($155)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB :#A500AF(Villain)/ raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($8) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6.

Turn: ($20) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $14</font>, Hero calls $14.

River: ($48) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, Hero ??

I hated how i played this hand, i ended up like a callingstation.

Villain is a good player, steals blinds but not all the time. I do the same so far, if i have rags i won't defend. Continuation bet i can expect if he sets mind on stealing.

I find A/K and have no idea why i don't RR preflop. I hit top pair and start to play like a callstation on a dangerous board, he could have alot of hands to either beat me or improving on me, yet i decide to be a callstation and probably would do the same on the river.

Ok so i did alot of wrong but on the river he checks, should i have raised here?

dirtysanchez
02-17-2007, 06:13 PM
ok yeah preflop is bad, but flatting pre is OK every once in a while. The thing is, when you do flat preflop with a hand this strong, you need to go nuts when you hit. Raise the flop, as played raise the turn, as played bet about $40 on the river there's no way he thinks you're this strong

SCBielski
02-17-2007, 06:15 PM
This belongs in SSNL. You should probably 3-bet this hand preflop and raise the flop.

iSUCKyouOUT
02-17-2007, 06:38 PM
You both have 344 posts /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yea sorry about the wrong forum, i looked at the SSNL and i saw 200NL, i looked in the MSNL and saw a guy post 100NL and followed his wrong example.

About the hand on normal occasions i probably would 3½ bet PF. So what if he pumps allin right after me, easy fold? Reason i ask is because i was in a similar situation yesterday, against a similar opponent (a regular 100 decent NL player that is) I folded there.

Gelford
02-17-2007, 06:41 PM
No this is not necesarrily the wrong forum, I it deals with basic question, there is no reason a hand from 100NL can't be posted in uNL

And this is basic /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dirtysanchez
02-17-2007, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You both have 344 posts /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yea sorry about the wrong forum, i looked at the SSNL and i saw 200NL, i looked in the MSNL and saw a guy post 100NL and followed his wrong example.

About the hand on normal occasions i probably would 3½ bet PF. So what if he pumps allin right after me, easy fold? Reason i ask is because i was in a similar situation yesterday, against a similar opponent (a regular 100 decent NL player that is) I folded there.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you 3-bet preflop and he pushes, its very read dependent. If you have an aggressive image, you should call a shove unless he is a huge nit. With it being blind vs blind, i cant see myself folding AK preflop w/o an extroardinary read.

iSUCKyouOUT
02-17-2007, 06:58 PM
I am aggressive and he knows, on the other hand he's no nit like i said a very decent regular, TA. Also we were alittle deeper here, him at $246 and i'm at $155, i don't know yesterday was the first time i folded A/K in a blindwar, and i think against a decent player i wouldn't want to put $140 extra for a coinflip. He would probably not do that with J/J or A/Q, so i'm up against AA, KK, or best case QQ, AK.

dirtysanchez
02-17-2007, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am aggressive and he knows, on the other hand he's no nit like i said a very decent regular, TA. Also we were alittle deeper here, him at $246 and i'm at $155, i don't know yesterday was the first time i folded A/K in a blindwar, and i think against a decent player i wouldn't want to put $140 extra for a coinflip. He would probably not do that with J/J or A/Q, so i'm up against AA, KK, or best case QQ, AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

didnt see effective stacks were 1.5 buyins, in which case folding to a push is fine. for 1 buyin though i rarely fold it vs a decent regular in a blind battle or even Button vs Blinds esp w/ an aggro image. If your aggro image includes 3-betting him a ton when he raises from the BT or SB then it becomes an easy call for 1 buyin.