PDA

View Full Version : Software suggestion for bored developers

smoore
01-03-2006, 05:55 PM
I've been messing around with AHK trying to make a script for NLHE on 'stars. I'm lost when it comes to AHK but I'm starting to think there's no way to make my triggers control the bet slider (right trigger, one click up, left trigger one click down). So, my idea:

Yet another add on program. This one is specifically designed for poker players who want to use a gamepad. It will be compatible with multiple sites and multiple gamepads. It will be easy to configure for dummies like me. It will work for NLHE. It would be perfect if there were a way to configure how much each button press will increase or decrease the bet (I'm picturing full bets for up and half bets for down, if you want to bet 2.5BB you click up twice and down once). It may even have a button combination to sign up for the next SnG (or set) ala MTH. It will specifically work for 'stars. It will hold focus on the window you are interacting with.

Just an idea, I guess. I would be willing to pay $25-$30 for this goodness.

jba
01-03-2006, 06:46 PM
instead of actually using the slider, why not change the value in the bet box? ie instead of sending mouse events to the slider control, set focus to the bet box and send keyboard events... should be much easier.

ps: you might spend 25-30, but there are very very few who would. in the dozens. it'll never be worth the money, just hope some bored CS freshman will take it on

smoore
01-03-2006, 07:01 PM
yeah, that's what I'm hoping (the CS student line).

I don't know anything about programming, I'm just thinking from the POV of my current interface. I guess it would be more straightforward for the program to figure out what the bet increment is and then send the neccesary info to the betbox.

SwingSwingSwing
01-08-2006, 07:57 AM
It is possible do control the slider on 'Stars via AHK. I can increment or decrement the bet amount with my mouse scroll wheel or up arrow like this.

HTH

SwingSwingSwing

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
WheelUp::
Up::
ControlFocus Afx:400000:20:10011:1e1010a7:01
MouseClick WheelUp, 686, 474
return
</pre><hr />