PDA

View Full Version : whoring holiday

chopchoi
02-14-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm considering spending a few monthes in Canada, funding my travels by bonus whoring. My plan is to sub-lease a small flat, get a Canadian bank account, and link that to a Neteller account. Is this doable, or are there any unforseen complications that might arise?

kyleb
02-14-2007, 11:22 PM
Have you switched your NETeller account over? Have you done most of the bonuses already? Do you qualify for residency in Canada? Are you comfortable lying to the border patrol? How are you going to rent an apartment without citizenship or residency? Do you have a student visa?

chopchoi
02-15-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm only concerned with complications with setting up the accounts and doing the gaming transactions. From what I understand, subleases are easy enough without residency. Why should I need a studennt visa?

kyleb
02-15-2007, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm only concerned with complications with setting up the accounts and doing the gaming transactions. From what I understand, subleases are easy enough without residency. Why should I need a studennt visa?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you going to say if immigration or border patrol people ask you what you are doing in Canada, and ask to see your visa?

hhughes
02-15-2007, 02:53 AM
Plus Im assuming u know that you will need a passport to travel to Canada now...

Is so, please disregard...

kyleb
02-15-2007, 04:20 AM
They extended the deadline for that - but they give you serious [censored] at the border if you don't have a passport.

Bobo Fett
02-15-2007, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They extended the deadline for that - but they give you serious [censored] at the border if you don't have a passport.

[/ QUOTE ]

The extension was only for land and sea crossings, BTW. Passport is now required for air travel across the border. As far as a hassle at the border w/o a passport, I guess that depends where you cross...haven't had or heard of any problems out here near Vancouver, at least not for Canadians.

kyleb
02-15-2007, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The extension was only for land and sea crossings, BTW. Passport is now required for air travel across the border. As far as a hassle at the border w/o a passport, I guess that depends where you cross...haven't had or heard of any problems out here near Vancouver, at least not for Canadians.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of my American friends have had problems crossing the border and then coming back without a passport at the Surrey crossing.

mtx
02-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Didn't you hear the news?

Passports are mandatory for traveling cross border since Jan. 2007!

You can blame George W. Bush for that one.

Bobo Fett
02-15-2007, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't you hear the news?

Passports are mandatory for traveling cross border since Jan. 2007!

You can blame George W. Bush for that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, no...only by air. Land & sea crossing passport requirements are delayed until at least Jan 2008.

That's not to say the US border might not hassle Amercians without one just the same, as Kyleb has reported...it's just not legally required yet.

It seems that local businesses' concerns that crossings might be down because people misunderstand the requirements are well-founded!

Ainex
02-16-2007, 12:35 AM
Sigh, I really should go get my passport but a 10 hour lineup is just not appealing to me.

Bobo Fett
02-16-2007, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sigh, I really should go get my passport but a 10 hour lineup is just not appealing to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mail it in. Unfortunately, you have to mail in your original birth certificate to do this though. From what I understand, you get it in almost the same time (a couple of weeks slower, I think) without the massive wait in line.

Sigurd
02-16-2007, 04:51 AM
Seriously, crossing borders without a passport isn't exactly smart. Especially since is is a really good piece of ID, and you are certainly going to need to verify your US citizenship/identity a bunch of times in Canada, and a passport sure comes in handy for doing that.