PDA

View Full Version : These poor Bastards playing LOTTERY SLOT MACHINES

addickt
02-10-2006, 03:57 AM
This is state sponsored robbery. I see these same people EVERY DAY.. I dont think they realize they arent playing REAL slot machines.... They are like 1 in 5 to break even on any particualr spin...

I really thought about trying to explin this to them, but if they are that stupid, I think it would be an excercise in futility

Koss
02-10-2006, 10:00 AM
I don't think people really understand when they are playing normal slot machines. Most people just put money in, push a button, and maybe money comes out, maybe it doesn't.

Annorax
02-10-2006, 05:30 PM
These machines are in every gas station and bar in Iowa. Every time I go into one of those places, I see old people pouring twenty after twenty into the machines and getting jack [censored] back. I don't get why the lottery didn't make them actual slot machines with like a 90% payout rate... they'd still get every dime in the place, it'd just take a few hours, and the suckers wouldn't be so pissed off.

Scott_Baio
02-10-2006, 11:02 PM
nah the people who play those slots should be happy. They are losing their money much much faster this way, giving them much more free time. God knows they'd play 'til they lost it all no matter what the expected ROI was.

henrikrh
02-13-2006, 07:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think people really understand when they are playing normal slot machines. Most people just put money in, push a button, and maybe money comes out, maybe it doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excactly. It's called reinforcement. They take an action (playing slots) money comes out, the action is reinforced, this means that they want to take the action again. Money comes out on a variable schedule, which has in experiments shown to be the most effective reinforcer. However, more money goes in than ever comes out, but the slot player is already too busy chasing that next big reward to care. It's pretty genius.

WackityWhiz
02-23-2006, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
These machines are in every gas station and bar in Iowa. Every time I go into one of those places, I see old people pouring twenty after twenty into the machines and getting jack [censored] back. I don't get why the lottery didn't make them actual slot machines with like a 90% payout rate... they'd still get every dime in the place, it'd just take a few hours, and the suckers wouldn't be so pissed off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Val Lanes in Des Moines has machines that are called "Blazing Sevens" and they seem surprisingly juicy. They get hit for $1,000 jackpots about twice a week (there are 2 machines, so either they both win, or one of them wins twice). A friend of mine works there and he was lucky enough to hit the jackpot while I was playing the one next to him.

It was pretty sweet.

lefty rosen
02-23-2006, 05:31 PM
The mob in my city ran illegal machines that had similar payoffs in the ghetto areas of my city and you should have seen the losers that played those machines........ /images/graemlins/grin.gif