PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods Trip Report -- $560 Donkament, 1-2NL, and 10-20LHE (tl;dr)

magicmcq
02-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Yesterday, my friend Felipe and I decide to head up to Foxwoods. He is a better Tourney player than me, so we decide he will play in the Saturday $560 multitable event while I donk it up at 10-20 LHE.

The tournament starts at noon, and Felipe starts up; however, the list for 10-20 is ridiculous so I end up getting called for 1-2NL first and sit down there while I wait. I check in on Felipe frequently, and, in the beginning, he looks to be pretty card dead. I move back to my NL table to pick up 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button. 4 limpers, I decide to limp with the suited junk, SB completes, BB checks:

($14) Flop: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checks to me, I lead for $12, all fold to tightish MP who calls.

($38) Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP checks, I check ???? (He must be playing either pair of Qs, Js, or lone A, K /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I am either way ahead or way behind, so I figure betting neither eliminates a scare card nor extracts value from a weaker hand)

($38) River: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

He leads for $30 pretty quick. I fold pretty quick. I thought about this hand for a while afterward, but I am confident he could beat T high one card flush. He later claimed to have three 5s with no spade, though I didn't believe him -- no way with his style (he's not a donk) he calls a bet into 7 people on the flop with low pair, no draw.

One more hand of note early: I get dealt 24 hh in the BB. 5-6 limpers, SB completes, I check.

($16) Flop: 6h 3h Jh

I check with the intention of raising, MP bets $15, 1 call, button raises to $65, ugggghhhh . . . I figure, best case, I'm up against Ah x and two pair/set, leaving my to dodge about half the deck twice if I push. Worst case, I am drawing dead vs a made flush. I puke and fold, original bettor pushes, caller folds, button calls. K high flush vs 63 two pair. Whew, dodged that one unscathed.

At around 1 PM, I check in with Felipe in the tournament; he has around 9k of the starting 10k in chips, and reports no major pots. At this point the blinds have risen to 100-200.

But then, he tells me, he gets dealt 99 in MP, but had to muck after an EP raise, and a reraise in front of him. The other two ended up going all-in with JJ and 88, respectively, and the flop came down:

8 9 J

They all would have flopped sets. at any rate, no quadzilla for 88 and JJ broke him.

Back at my 1-2 table, there is a kid on obvious tilt. On the previous hand, in a $30 pot, he called a $100+ all-in on a flop of 8 2 7 r with A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif. Other guy tables 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and two pair hold up to break him. He rebuys for $200. The very next hand I get dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the hijack. Tilter opens to $15 in EP. One LP caller. To isolate, I make it $55. It folds around to him and he sighs, leans back, and haphazardly chucks his remaining $185 into the pot in a pile, causing chips to roll everywhere. Great, I think, he's got a monster. Only one problem, I'm pretty sure this guy thinks A9o is a monster. LP caller folds, and I start to think, looking down at my stack. Then, I hear someone say "what are you doing??!!" and look up to see AJo -- he had flipped up his cards without my having called! I confer with Sklansky, confirming that AQ does in fact beat AJ, and call:

AQ holds up, and I win a nice ~$420 pot. Guy gets up in disgust, and leaves. Feeling guilty, I ask the table if I inadvertintly gave any indication that I was calling. They confirm that I had done nothing and he is just a tilting donk. I'll take it.

New guy takes his seat -- a big tattooed bald guy with a Rolex. Snaps three hundos off a large billfold and buys in. First hand, folds to him, he announces "I'm all in." Donk next to him instacalls -- all others fold. (Don't misinterpret: there was no raising and re-raising action, he just went all-in for $300 on 1-2 blinds and was instacalled). Tattooed donk flips up Q9o, other donk has 99. LOL. 99 holds up and has him covered. Bald guy rebuys.

Back at the tournament, the blinds and antes (300-600, a-75) are getting big, and Felipe isn't getting cards. He picks up A2s in the BB and gets raised to 1500. With such pot odds (750 already in pot from antes), he decides to call; however, instead of tossing 3 purple 500 chips into the pot, he accidentally tosses in 3 orange $1000 chips. An accidental min-reraise. Other guy calls.

(~7000) Flop: A 2 x

Felipe pushes, Villain folds.

He is starting to rebuild a little bit and, after a few successful blind steals, is back up to around 14,000.

I return to my 1-2 NL table to find that bald tattooed guy has gone busto again, and rebought. I pick up TT in MP. Tightish EP raises to $12, I need to find out where I am, and reraise to $35. Folds arond to bald guy in cutoff, who has just received his new $300 in chips, and he calls. EP raiser folds.

($86) Flop: 4 4 6 r

I bet $50, he insta-calls.

($186) Turn: 4

Hero thinks about villains calling range, and pushes, figuring villain calls with any PP any 6, or even A high. He deliberates, and finally folds. Perhaps I should have checked; I just don't want to risk that checking through and have that > 1/3 chance of looking at an overcard on the river when its pretty clear that's what he's playing.

Up ~$250 at this point, I get called for 10-20 Limit. I plop down my chips and head back to the tournament area. The green $25 chips have been collected, and the blinds have risen to 400-800, a-100. I arrive to flind Felipe involved in a hand with a guy who Felipe later described as "tight post-flop" In a pot of about 4k, on a flop of J J 4, tight guy leads for 1200. Felipe (~14k stack) tosses in an almost min raise to 2500, guy (covers) calls.

(~9000) Turn: Q

Guy checks, Felipe bets 3500, guy ponders and pushes. Felipe folds (he had A8), and tight guy tables QJ. This hit drops him to about 8k. I find out a few hands later that a father and son are playing at Felipe's table as well. A few hands later, son opens to 2500, father basically min reraises to 5k, son pushes, father instacalls. Son asks father: "Dad, you got aces?" Father flips up AA, son flips KK. Aces hold and father breaks son.

ughaulkghalugh
02-11-2007, 11:32 AM
BEAT: FELIPE DOESNT HAVE HIS GREENCARD

Butso
02-11-2007, 11:39 AM
nice report would read again

manguydude21
02-11-2007, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

J-Mac
02-11-2007, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find out a few hands later that a father and son are playing at Felipe's table as well. A few hands later, son opens to 2500, father basically min reraises to 5k, son pushes, father instacalls. Son asks father: "Dad, you got aces?" Father flips up AA, son flips KK. Aces hold and father breaks son.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

Teh1337zor
02-11-2007, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]
lol but hes the owner of teh gaybar

rockrokok
02-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Hehe funny /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Uppercut
02-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Excellent read! Well worth the cost.

AE6
02-11-2007, 02:03 PM
WHAAAAAT WHERE IS THE END?

Ron Poor
02-11-2007, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He is a better Tourney player than me... instead of tossing 3 purple 500 chips into the pot, he accidentally tosses in 3 orange $1000 chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol accidentaltossaments

ihatenaggars
02-11-2007, 02:46 PM
sweet duder

IronFly
02-11-2007, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find out a few hands later that a father and son are playing at Felipe's table as well. A few hands later, son opens to 2500, father basically min reraises to 5k, son pushes, father instacalls. Son asks father: "Dad, you got aces?" Father flips up AA, son flips KK. Aces hold and father breaks son.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arbitrage
02-11-2007, 02:56 PM
part duex?

nubs
02-11-2007, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WHAAAAAT WHERE IS THE END?

[/ QUOTE ]

jaustin
02-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Nice TR Jay, next time pick me up from NYC you nit. Also, search my recent posts for "40k breakeven yo", it will show you some of my disgusting beats/coolers at .5-1/1-2.

TIEdup14
02-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Is minraising standard in live NL???

Wondercall
02-12-2007, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is minraising standard in live NL???

[/ QUOTE ]

YES

igetjokes
02-12-2007, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]