PDA

View Full Version : AJs probably awful

HUD-BOT
02-10-2007, 03:51 AM
Opp. has a >50%vpip and his pfr is 14-15%, his AF is 1.3 though. My plan was to run away from a raise on the turn.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($39.05)
MP ($23.55)
CO ($14.95)
Button ($20.85)
Hero ($59.10)
BB ($25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $1, Button folds.

Flop: ($3) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($11) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, UTG calls $4.

River: ($19) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $5.25</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $24.25

Archon_Wing
02-10-2007, 03:58 AM
Check turn for better pot control and we don't know why is villain doing that minraise crap. He might have made the flush, but I think you should call the river since the pot is kinda big.

Smilin'
02-10-2007, 04:28 AM
Unless you have a read that Villain is tricky, AK and AQ are not as likely because of preflop. I would guess Villain has a lower A (including 2 pair aces) or clubs. I think you're probably ahead of his range.

But I don't like the small bet on the turn. It looks scared IMO--I'd either check or make a "proper" bet, and I'm torn between the two (clubs are a big part of his range, I think, but pot control 'n' all).

As played, I'd call river. I'm guessing you lose more than you win, but I think you win at least 20% of the time, which is plenty to make a call profitable. Your line does look weak, so Villain could be making a play.

Genz
02-10-2007, 07:07 AM
His AF of 1.3 means that although he plays more than half of his hands, he still bets or raises more often than he calls! So he isn't passive (AF = (bets+raises)/calls).

I'm torn about the turn bet. He's getting better than 3:1 so he is correct to call with a flush draw because you are making a bad fold when you fold for $4 in the $20 pot on the river if he hits. So this bet doesn't serve the purpose of protection.
Villains PFR is decent, so I think an A with a better kicker is unlikely.
You are not on a draw. So a blocking bet to price yourself in isn't really sensefull.
A bet purely for information is bad, because the kind of inaccurate information you get here isn't worth $4.
The only purpose of the bet here is a value bet. But then it's probably too small, because you are leaving money on the table and giving good odds.

So if you think that villain will chase with flush draws without getting odds, bet more on the turn. Make it 8 or 9. Then check/call a small bet on the river. As played, I really think you need to pay off here. Weaker Aces are still in his range. You are getting 6:1 (and make his call on the turn just break even. So you are not paying him off big time).