PDA

View Full Version : 10 NL 6max: JJ flopped set but turn/river kill action

Vyse
02-10-2007, 02:51 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $10
CO: $15.60
Button: $17.05
SB: $9.05
Hero: $15.90

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG (poster) checks, 2 folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, UTG calls, SB folds.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif ($1.1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4.75</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/club.gif ($10.6, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($10.6, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks.

Results:
Final pot: $10.6

OOP made this hand more difficult -- I obviously would've bet the turn if I was in position and he checked. I planned to get it all in on a non-club turn. I was actually prepared to fold to any bet here -- is that too nittish? Should I simply live/die with my set here?

JadeRedstone
02-10-2007, 04:38 AM
I will defianlty lead the turn. Sure it fills up a couple of draws, but those might scare villain just as much as it does you.
if he play back at you, then it is a math question, do you have the odds to try and fill?

and12006
02-10-2007, 04:38 AM
I think you should atleast bet it on the turn say 3/4 of the pot and fold to further arggession do you have reads villian would called such a big flop raise with a club draw. Also on teh river you should again bet again because his check on the turn probley shows you have him beat and he might call with his lesser hand.

Genz
02-10-2007, 06:41 AM
Villain has about $5 left. If he has the flush or the (slightly unlikely) straight and calls, you are getting 3:1. That isn't good enough to fill up. But it's the worst case scenario. Since BB as an unknown is more likely to play a decent A or PP against your raise preflop (even though he posted a dead blind UTG, i.e. he's a donk, so he could have any A), he probably doesn't have a flush but a draw at most. You are only afraid of suited kings. But that isn't the big part of his range. So bet his last $5 and see what bappens.

ninenine_zoe
02-10-2007, 07:23 AM
i would put him in on the turn.
the way you played it you lose more when you are behind and get nothing when you are ahead. your equity vs a straight or a flush is okay on the turn and you dont want him to draw free w/ AxX/images/graemlins/club.gif.
i assume you would call a turn AI anyway.