PDA

View Full Version : $25 NL AK, TPTK

Dr_Jeckyl_00
02-10-2007, 12:41 AM
New to cash... how's my line?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($26.95)
UTG ($14)
MP1 ($25)
MP2 ($16.85)
CO ($24.95)
Button ($22.65)
SB ($24)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB calls $2.25.

Flop: ($6) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $21</font>, Hero calls $12.

Turn: ($48) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($48) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $48

Bantam222
02-10-2007, 12:50 AM
looks good, the 3bet by the SB scary, but you can't lay down this hand given the odds...

I'm not sure what to think of the SB leading out...if SB checks you will be betting most flops given the pre flop action, so if the SB flopped a monster you would think he would check raise or slowplay it. I would think weaker kinds and middle pocketpairs are a large part of SBs range...

br.bm
02-10-2007, 01:08 AM
meh, I don't play TPTK for stacks

Try some pot controll here. Keep it small. You have a small hand and want to play a small pot. So I dont 3bet PF.
W/o 3 betting you can keep the pot small.

say you call PF and the pot is 1,25$ on the flop.
He bets 1,25, you call

turn($3,75): he bets 3, you raise to 7 total.
now if he calls and checks the river (maybe going for a CR) you can check behind.
If he reraises you can fold, knowing you are beat.

You cant raise the turn and fold to a reraise when the pot starts w/ $6.

So, only 3bet PF if you want to play TPTK for stacks. If you wanted to do this the whole hand is fine /images/graemlins/smile.gif
(I guess he had KQ or KJ)

BevillTheDevil
02-10-2007, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Try some pot controll here. Keep it small. You have a small hand and want to play a small pot. So I dont 3bet PF.
W/o 3 betting you can keep the pot small.

[/ QUOTE ]

folded to SB and he raises, AK is a monster IMO. I 3bet all day here PF. Without a read the flop looks standard to me. br.bm what do you put villian on here? as played i think villian has KT+ alot here, and w/o a read probably much more than that...

tcreast
02-10-2007, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
looks good, the 3bet by the SB scary, but you can't lay down this hand given the odds...

I'm not sure what to think of the SB leading out...if SB checks you will be betting most flops given the pre flop action, so if the SB flopped a monster you would think he would check raise or slowplay it. I would think weaker kinds and middle pocketpairs are a large part of SBs range...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I think he shows something like 10-10 here alot.

SCBielski
02-10-2007, 01:34 AM
I think this looks fine. Your 3-bet preflop is standard and I like your flop raise as well. Although our villain's 3-bet is likely a pretty strong hand, given the stack sizes I think you are pretty pot committed. Results?

ghettointlectual
02-10-2007, 01:50 AM
I think without a read it is hard to put villain on anything weaker than KQ, He bet you 3 bet he calls, then he leads into you for half the pot, which leads me to believe villain wants you to call and then he goes all in over your raised, looks to me like a classic b/3b line with a flopped monster, against some villains I felt this all day and against unknowns I probably do but I think I'm either WA/WB here he could just as often has a set or two pair as a weaker king

banana182
02-10-2007, 01:53 AM
I agree with br.bm, I wouldn't play TPTK for a BI.
I wouldn't raise flop.

I'd expect to see 44 or 55 here.

Dr_Jeckyl_00
02-10-2007, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
meh, I don't play TPTK for stacks

[/ QUOTE ]

So in general, if villain starts raising big, building a big pot, you fold tptk (I am talking J-K high w/ AJ-AK, not something like 10 high, w/ AT or worse) so as to not stack off? I assume this is only when your deep? How many big blids would you need to have to stack off? I really need to learn pot control and stack preservation... this is a big difference from sit n' goes, where I am coming from. Thanks.