PDA

View Full Version : Close spot

jumbojacks
02-09-2007, 11:57 PM
UTG is 16/7.5. Sometimes I'll call here pf and sometimes I'll re-raise.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

Hero ($53.20)
Button ($50.25)
SB ($49.50)
BB ($67.65)
UTG ($50)
MP ($50.75)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $5.

Flop: ($14.75) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($14.75) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $15</font>, Hero...

Antinome
02-10-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm pretty sure calling here is good

Bantam222
02-10-2007, 01:13 AM
AA/KK are your biggest worries right here, and AA/KK would often 3bet pre flop so is is less likly, but not impossible.

Why do you check behind on this flop? I'm not saying I hate it as the board is drawless and you are often WA/WB, but isn't is to induce a bet on the turn? You have to think you are ahead here given the action and flop.

The PSB on the turn can be interperated as "on damn my CR didn't work so i have to make up for it by getting extra value here" or "hmm hero showed weakness so maybe i can push him off his AK and/or maybe my middle pocketpair is good."

I think pushing this is best...half your stack is already in the middle, UTG is often pushing lots of rivers which i think you would have to call, so you might as well get it in now to advoid having to deal with an A or K on the river.

bsheck
02-10-2007, 01:23 AM
If villian would do this with nothing, I think calling the turn is a reasonable play. You're "representing" AK and you want him to think you're taking one off and he can just push you off it on the river if another blank hits. But against most players I would probably push. You need to protect your hand against a possible flush draw and some overcards that could hit on the river. If he has 99, so be it.

Mal_Pais
02-10-2007, 03:18 AM
Against this Villian, I think a push is best. A 16/7 villian plays AA or KK harder preflop. I don't see how this board could hit him, maybe a flush draw with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I push.

JadeRedstone
02-10-2007, 04:03 AM
I'm guessing he has a pocket pair as well. He would have probably c/r the flop any way, hoping his pair beats your AK.
Especially after checking the flop he wants you off so you wont draw out on him.
Easy call.