PDA

View Full Version : $25 NL w/ 22

Dr_Jeckyl_00
02-09-2007, 11:26 PM
New to cash... I read a thread about "raising that [censored] up" with pocket pairs, so I did, then I c-bet, then checked and they checked, so... I fired another barrel. I think in hind sight I should have checked the flop... anyway please evaluate all streets.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($36.55)
UTG ($7.75)
UTG+1 ($18.55)
MP1 ($22.40)
MP2 ($14.85)
MP3 ($29.05)
CO ($25)
Button ($24.20)
SB ($5.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG calls $1.75, UTG+1 calls $1.75, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls $1.75, SB folds.

Flop: ($8.75) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $4, Button calls $4.

Turn: ($20.75) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, Button checks.

River: ($20.75) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $18.2</font>, Hero calls $8.20.

Final Pot: $57.15

Bantam222
02-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Check the BB...you don't want to play a large pot, OOP, where you only have two outs to improve.

If you had checked it, on the flop you could simply check/fold and only lose $0.25, as played check/fold is still a good option, if you are going to bet make it more like $6.00.

Dont check the flop, and lead the river... I would think pocketpairs are a large part of your opponents range (limp pf, call raise) and that ace will be a major scare card for them. Fire again on the turn..don't wait for the river.

What are you doing calling this bet on the river??? you have a pair of twos, you can only beat a bluff. Your opponent raise is less then the minimum, he knows you have great odds to call this, you have shown a lot of strength in this hand, he as zero reason to think you would fold to his all in. It seems more of a frustration call on your part, "damn iv gone this far why not put in the last $8, you never know"

Acein8ter
02-09-2007, 11:45 PM
I personally do not like to raise 22 from the BB. Your OOP the remainder of the hand w/the lowest pair. Unless your really going to float (And bet aggro to rep QQ-AA), I'd just call and hope to hit a set.

Going into the flop w/4 players is tough... Button has Ax here... CF river...

Dr_Jeckyl_00
02-10-2007, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check the BB...you don't want to play a large pot, OOP, where you only have two outs to improve.

If you had checked it, on the flop you could simply check/fold and only lose $0.25, as played check/fold is still a good option, if you are going to bet make it more like $6.00.

Dont check the flop, and lead the river... I would think pocketpairs are a large part of your opponents range (limp pf, call raise) and that ace will be a major scare card for them. Fire again on the turn..don't wait for the river.

What are you doing calling this bet on the river??? you have a pair of twos, you can only beat a bluff. Your opponent raise is less then the minimum, he knows you have great odds to call this, you have shown a lot of strength in this hand, he as zero reason to think you would fold to his all in. It seems more of a frustration call on your part, "damn iv gone this far why not put in the last $8, you never know"

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, I think that the thread discussed the importance of being in position... forgot about that part. I figured I was beat on river, but I had put so much in, I felt I had to call a few more bucks... just in case.

BevillTheDevil
02-10-2007, 01:00 AM
just check pf, if we raise we are gona be probably 3+ handed OOP. As played i just check/fold on all streets unless i hit. This is definately not a good spot to cbet the flop, its 4 handed and your OOP plus your bet is &lt;.5 pot so your gettin a caller here alot.

ben wb
02-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Don't continuation bet this flop 4 handed, I hardly ever continuation bet when 4 players see the flop.

Raising pocket pairs is good but after this many limpers I would just check from the BB in full ring.

I don't like the river bet, it's unlikely they will both fold and you can't represent a 5.

Genz
02-10-2007, 12:59 PM
You play 22 to hit a set. There is no other use for it. It's incredibly easy to play postflop usually: you either got a set or you don't. Don't try to bluff out 3 opponents. It never works. And if you try anyway: bet more than a half pot.

Slap My Jack
02-10-2007, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
New to cash... I read a thread about "raising that [censored] up" with pocket pairs, so I did, then I c-bet, then checked and they checked, so... I fired another barrel. I think in hind sight I should have checked the flop... anyway please evaluate all streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Raising with all pairs is fine, in the right spot. This applies more to 6max.

You raise because you have fold equity or you have built a pot for when you flop hard.

But this is a completely awful spot to raise it up.

With this many limpers you can raise here, but cbetting is complete spew.

Your position is also terrible. You're in the BB. Even at 6max, most players will check 22 and small pairs from the BB.

You're also not really firing another value as you shut down on the turn. You're simply taking another stab at the pot in a terrible terrible spot. What hand are you representing? If you were going to double barrel it would be on the turn, but with two callers don't even bother at full ring usually. The river puts 1 card to the straight on the board and likely one of these dudes will have it.

Yes, raising small pairs is alright, particularly from middle position on in full ring. But you can also just go ahead and limp them still at 25nl FR.

Raising small pairs does not equal overplaying your small hand as a bluff in large multiway pots.