View Full Version : OESFD on turn OOP

Montezuma21
02-09-2007, 08:49 PM
villain is 25/17/3 over 30 hands. no other reads

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25
UTG+1: $101.50
CO: $16.75
Button: $25.45
SB: $16.65
hero: $31

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG (poster) checks, 4 folds, 4 folds, hero (poster) checks.
Uncalled bets: $0.25 returned to hero.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.6, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $0.6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $4.8</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($9.95, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero ?

Hank Scorpio
02-09-2007, 09:25 PM
I don't think this hand has gotten a lot of reponses yet because it's such a tough situation. Idealy, you would have liked to get it all in on the flop while your equity is maximized. Since he only called on the river I think you need to show strength again by betting out around $7. I think there is a good possibility that he is on a draw, too.

If he re-raises all-in, it will be $19 to cal a $37 pot (2-1 odds). I'm counting 15 outs for (2-1 outs). So you need to call.

Smilin'
02-09-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm torn between betting out and checking, with the intention to c/r ai if Villain bets.

I think an important point is that Villain's play is suggestive of a draw. Normally that would be worrisome, since A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifx /images/graemlins/diamond.gif would probably be the most likely draw, and that's the one hand that has you crushed. But Villain posted UTG, so he could just as easily have any draw here. If Villain doesn't have a draw, the other likely candidates are a queasy Q or a slowplayed big hand (QJ or a set).

But I think a draw is likely, and most of those you beat (whether you improve or not). So I think I like checking. If you c/r ai, a weaker draw may (incorrectly) call, and you may fold out something like a Q. If it's checked behind and you both hit, I think you're more likely to stack Villain than be stacked. Even if you're behind to a strong made hand, you probably have something like 13 outs to win (13 outs vs. a set).

Acein8ter
02-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Lead 2/3 pot or CR AI and take the pot down, if not you have plenty of outs...

Vyse
02-10-2007, 02:45 AM
I would check with the intention of pushing.