PDA

View Full Version : NL50 6max: bluffing a LAG?

Smilin'
02-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Villain is a LAG: 61/35 over about 30 hands, with high postflop aggression. Shortly after he sat down, we'd tussled a bit and he took a few small pots away from me (3betting me preflop, raising my cbet, stuff like that). However, he doesn't seem to be a maniac: he does lay down hands sometimes, especially if it's multiway. Lately I'd been waiting to flop a big hand and trap him, which hadn't happened, though he did seem to be respecting my bets more when I took the lead. Short story: Villain is a LAG, I'm having a hard time telling whether he's any good, we have history, I was caving in when he showed me aggression, and he'd been respecting my aggression more recently. But then it's only been 30 hands, and no big pots like this had happened between us.

Is this a good time to rep the flush? Does the fact that I have 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif add any value here (because I have outs against a made flush with a small suited connector)?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $24.25
UTG+1: $49.75
CO: $1.05
Hero: $92.90
SB: $97.60
BB: $21.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $1.5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($5.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $21</font>

Antinome
02-09-2007, 09:54 PM
I think this will work just enough to be slightly +EV.

Hank Scorpio
02-09-2007, 10:14 PM
If I'm playing you and have at least TP and you re-raise this much to represent a flush, I'm putting you on a bluff. I like the idea to bluff, but you just don't have to raise so much. I would go for something a little over a min raise to scare villian.

Smilin'
02-09-2007, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I'm playing you and have at least TP and you re-raise this much to represent a flush, I'm putting you on a bluff. I like the idea to bluff, but you just don't have to raise so much. I would go for something a little over a min raise to scare villian.

[/ QUOTE ]

A pot-sized raise would be $13.75, and obviously anything near that is pot-committing. So I figured I'd just put Villain ai (did the math wrong, though, so I fell $0.75 short). Should I still bet less, even though Villain should know that the rest is going in if he calls--unless I'm bluffing?

apple11
02-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Repop it 3.50 preflop and on that flop def bet it out

CrazyEyez
02-09-2007, 10:29 PM
It's not a bad play I guess, because there's a good chance you have the best hand anyway. Curious what your plan was for the turn if it was Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif instead.

Smilin'
02-09-2007, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not a bad play I guess, because there's a good chance you have the best hand anyway. Curious what your plan was for the turn if it was Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

My plan for most non- /images/graemlins/diamond.gif turns was to bet out if he checked but probably fold to a serious bet. A weak bet... I'd probably call, figuring I was ahead but that raising would just fold out worse hands. I don't think a 3-barrel bluff would have been impossible. I'd actually feel kind of weak folding to a big turn bet with the Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif, actually, but RIO 'n' all.

Smilin'
02-09-2007, 11:13 PM
For humor value, the dramatic conclusion (in white):

<font color="white"> UTG thinks for a while and calls, Hero says ****!<font color="white">

<font color="white">River : 10h ($47.75, 2 players)
UTG bets $0.75, Hero almost thinks he should fold but isn't going to fold for 1/50 pot, Hero calls.<font color="white">

<font color="white">Villain shows 2s6d, Hero is suddenly very happy, Hero adds Villain to buddy list. <font color="white">

broncoboxer
02-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Nice conclusion. I'm laughing out loud. Well, actually I'm not, but I do think it's funny as heck.

Vyse
02-10-2007, 02:42 AM
Wtf? What a joke. What is villain thinking?

JadeRedstone
02-10-2007, 04:31 AM
reraise PF. You have position and a decent hand HU.
Since he has been raising a lot, I'd be willing to call 3b AI or 4b ai my self.

Reraise the flop - the chances of him actually hitting a paired flop are pretty small.

btw, have seen few of these play. LAG villain understand you might be bluffing, how ever they do not realize that their 6 high is not a good against almost all bluffs.
Hell, I've seen people CALL PF allin push with 23s twice. (the fact that they did win both times against A's is irrelevant )