PDA

View Full Version : I don't play trash well. [50NL]

thing85
02-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Villain is 50/7 over 28 hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

Button ($12.85)
SB ($15.15)
Hero ($50)
UTG ($27.90)
MP ($23.70)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($2) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $2, SB folds.

Turn: ($6) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, MP calls $4.

River: ($14) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $17.2</font>, Hero...?

On flops like these, fish will call with anything from a 4 to a small/med PP to AK. His turn call scares me a bit. River obviously doesn't look good. I figure he was probably slow playing a better J or picked up 2-pair with AQ or something like that. Definitely seemed like a better J.

Do you fold or just make the crying call? Anything I could've done better on earlier streets?

Thanks.

CrazyEyez
02-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Easy call. You only have to be good less than 1 out of 6 times.

Other streets are good.

AceLuby
02-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Call for sure

kurto
02-09-2007, 05:29 PM
You're beating a J2 and a J3. lol.

Don't get to the river here.

check/call turn. Consider calling a reasonable bet on the river.

If he has a jack you're toast.

Sir Winalot
02-09-2007, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're beating a J2 and a J3. lol.

Don't get to the river here.

check/call turn. Consider calling a reasonable bet on the river.

If he has a jack you're toast.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think hero played the hand fine. If he has AJ,KJ,QJ or J4 we're loosing, otherwise splitting. This could even bee an expertly played Ax or some other random crap for all we know. I call here all day once I've got this far.

brandysbich
02-09-2007, 06:21 PM
If it was a bigger amount to call I might hesitate but for this amount its a call for me, and you can expect to be good here around 60-75% of the time I think

ispiked
02-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Is 44 a possibility here? Is this the sort of hand Villain would limp with? I don't know how much of a possibility this is, but if I flopped a full house and someone kept betting into me this seems like a line I might take.

But then again, QJ seems like a likely possibility here, too, no?

Phytopath
02-10-2007, 02:30 AM
You can't fold this, the raise is tiny compared to the size of the pot. You played the whole hand fine. Sure alot of hands that beat you are possible but you can't really worry about them here.

ama0330
02-10-2007, 08:38 AM
This is a really wierd hand but the river call is a no brainer. I'm really curious as to what he calls the flop with given how dry it is, but I think that given he is retart0red it could really be any ace having a float, then the ace on the turn gives logic to the turn call. Wieeeerd hand but you have to call the river.

I think that given how confusing the action has been on the flop and turn, and the dryness of the board, I would c/c the river. If he pushes, woooow that would be a tricky one but I think I could talk myself into a call.

benlj21
02-10-2007, 08:43 AM
I would check the river. seriously. As played, I have no clue what you beat but i think he's retarded and you're getting a great price so call.

Unknown Soldier
02-10-2007, 08:57 AM
I'd check the turn, what does he call you on this drawless flop other then a J? pp? maybe, but not often. You don't want to be building a big pot here. As played you have to call, odds are too good

Genz
02-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Maybe you should find a table with fewer small stacks.

I think I c/c this river. You might get a bet out of an A but I don't think that many hands that you beat raise you here. I think you see a slowplayed J here. And he probably has a better kicker than you or a FH or a straight. I think making a crying call here because of pot odds is mostly an excuse for curiosity. If he shows AQ, then, well, nice call...

avfletch
02-10-2007, 09:46 AM
How aggressive is the table?

If there's someone in passive call down mode then I'll value bet the J here but mostly I'd just call down.

If someone else has a J then you're drawing thin, if not then they are. WA/WB so play to exploit their tendencies.

JadeRedstone
02-10-2007, 10:19 AM
I c/c this turn every time. Maybe even c/c the turn. Got stacked with a simliar hand. had K2s in the SB completed. flop came KK8. Decided to slow play it. and c/c to river where I c/r. When he reraised I felt sick but had to call, and in fact he had K8... And my gut did tell me to simple call the river as well.