PDA

View Full Version : QQ PF - postflop plan

warrlegacy
02-09-2007, 12:39 PM
50NL 6max - UTG has been playing ok, nothing that stood out. UTG is a loose-passive donktard.

Effective stacks are $50. UTG+1 limps, I make it $2.50 from button, SB min raises, UTG+1 calls, I call.

Flop is A93r. SB bets out $3, UTG calls, easy fold.

My question here is about PF action. Should I 3bet here, or should I just play this for set value? I hate folding in this spot, but if I don't hit my set
this seems to be one of those hands were I probably just wind up either winning a small pot or losing a big one.

Thoughts?

Pokey
02-09-2007, 02:14 PM
In a three-way pot, QQ is a tricky hand to play. On the one hand you'd rather not trap yourself with a dominated hand, but on the other hand you're very likely to have the best hand right now. OOP I'm three-betting this hard, but with position and facing a minraise from a decent player and a call from an idiot I'd rather smooth-call and play it by ear on the flop.

My flop plan:

- if the hand is checked to me, I'm betting 3/4ths pot on any flop.
- if the flop comes with three undercards, I'm raising any bet fairly hard -- probably a pot-sized raise.
- if the flop comes with a Q, I'm looking to get the absolute maximum amount into the middle. That will probably be a smallish (1/2 or 2/3rds-pot) raise after SB bets and UTG calls.
- if the flop comes with a K, I'm probably smooth-calling a smallish bet, but folding to a large one. I'm giving up on the turn if the aggression continues.
- if the flop comes with an ace, I'm folding to any bet.

My turn and river play will depend on the board texture, whether the hand is two-way or three-way, and which opponent is still in the hand. Against UTG I'm looking to get it all in the middle if I've got an overpair or a set; against SB I'm looking to get it all in the middle with a set but I'm looking for pot control with an overpair.

warrlegacy
02-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Well said.

In the three undercard scenario, there's going to be about $8 in the pot. Say SB bets $6 and UTG folds, a PSR and I'm now playing for stacks if he comes along. Is this play +EV vs his range?