PDA

View Full Version : Flopped Set, Board paired on turn, hand strong enough for slowplay?

MickChecker
02-09-2007, 12:10 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($12.30)
Hero ($17.35)
UTG+1 ($8)
MP1 ($9.85)
MP2 ($1.65)
MP3 ($11.25)
CO ($7.35)
Button ($4.90)
SB ($6.10)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.40) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.3</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $0.30, UTG+1 calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.30) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.6</font>, Hero ?

Is my hand strong enough for slowplay here? He represents the ace here, so there some outs for him. Can I slowplay here and just call, hoping also for another caller?

corsakh
02-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Sure, if you don't like money.

ticks
02-09-2007, 12:18 PM
FLOP ACTION:
http://bh.knu.ac.kr/~sdsong/images/Atomic%20Bomb.gif

TURN ACTION:
http://bh.knu.ac.kr/~sdsong/images/Atomic%20Bomb.gif

OK?

MickChecker
02-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Alright /images/graemlins/smile.gif I thought so...

RollTide77
02-09-2007, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't ever slow play trip 5s but I don't think calling the flop raise is considered slow playing...maybe just slower playing. By the turn I'm probably coming over the top cuz this could easily be an AQ boat by one of these guys and I want to find out now before he stacks me on the river.

ticks
02-09-2007, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By the turn I'm probably coming over the top cuz this could easily be an AQ boat by one of these guys and I want to find out now before he stacks me on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to a push would be absolutely terrible.

danicalifornia
02-09-2007, 12:31 PM
First of all, I would never slowplay my sets at uNL. People call you down with any pair, so there is no reason for you to slowplay.

Flop raise is necessary here. You have an overcaller, who could easily be drawing to a flush. What are you going to do if a third spade falls on the turn?

Get your money in when you are ahead!

CrazyEyez
02-09-2007, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By the turn I'm probably coming over the top cuz this could easily be an AQ boat by one of these guys and I want to find out now before he stacks me on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you consider folding your hand here, you're making a huge mistake. You raise because any ace is going to pay you off, not because you need to find out where you are.

RollTide77
02-09-2007, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you consider folding your hand here, you're making a huge mistake. You raise because any ace is going to pay you off, not because you need to find out where you are.

[/ QUOTE ]You're right. I wasn't paying attention to the board.

CrazyCanuck
02-09-2007, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What are you going to do if a third spade falls on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

stack the guy?

AceLuby
02-09-2007, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stack the guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what game you play, but where I play a flush beats a 3 of a kind.

Raise the flop, never ever ever slowplay sets in uNL. It's why set mining is so profitable. Bet, if bet into, raise, if raised, re-raise. Get as much $$$ into the pot as possible. The board has draws and if anyone has those draws you need to make them pay. Calling allows others to call getting correct pot odds and therefore they are making correct plays. We want mistakes and the best way to do that w/ a set (a low set I might add) is to bet bet bet.

KurtSF
02-09-2007, 01:44 PM
It depends, frankly.

If SB is a really tight player. I'm talking 10/5/5 or so and very very good. Then your hand is actually WEAK enough for slowplay. We usually call it pot control. You're crushed by AA, QQ, AQ.

Against any mortal, just bet, and bet a lot.

CrazyCanuck
02-09-2007, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stack the guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy turned a boat dork 555AA.........

where do YOU play? I wanna come

Antinome
02-09-2007, 02:00 PM
When you slowplay big hands to the river you turn beautiful and profitable situations into reverse implied odds situations; even big hands like this one.

Tcchap
02-09-2007, 02:49 PM
See my post about slowplaying flopped sets - lol. I don't slowplay this at all. There is a good chance he has an ace and a possibility he has a flush draw I play back at the bettor on the flop and then go from there. A short answer to your question is that the hand is NOT strong enough to slowplay.

AceLuby
02-09-2007, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stack the guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy turned a boat dork 555AA.........

where do YOU play? I wanna come

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh.... if a 3rd spade comes on the turn then the FH wouldn't be there, but there is no reason for name calling

ben wb
02-09-2007, 04:33 PM
I think this is a particularly bad flop to just call, very good chance someone has top pair, a flush draw, or even a gutshot which they will call a raise with so raise and take their money.

Raise the turn too, good chance SB has made trips.