PDA

View Full Version : AK - TP with awkward stacks

warrlegacy
02-09-2007, 12:01 PM
50NL 6max
1st orbit, no reads. UTG is shortstacked, has about $20. BB has $35. I cover.

UTG limps. I raise to $2.50 with AKo. BB calls, UTG calls. 3 to the flop.

K95r. BB checks, UTG bets $2 into $7.75 pot. IMO, stack sizes make this hand a bit awkward. What's my plan for this hand?

detonum
02-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Unless UTG has got two pair or better, you're most likely dominating him. I would put in a pot-sized raise and if UTG gives any more resistance I'm ready to fold.

BoozeHound
02-09-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't think there's an inherently good line to take against villains on this flop without a read. There's nothing to protect against, so It just depends on how you think villain will play. You're playing for stacks here against shorties, so what's the best way to get villain's stack in by the river?

Without reads (as here) I think I play this pretty passively as you're most likely WA/WB (and I think it's far more likely you're way ahead). Call and see if villain bets again on the river. I don't see any problem with BB coming along for the ride, either. If he raises, then it's a tough spot.

If villains love to call raise to a little less than pot, and push a turn. If you think villain

Sir Winalot
02-09-2007, 01:07 PM
I'd raise to 10-11 and see what happens. If I only get UTG in I'm shoving the turn pretty much always. I think UTG will pay us off with nearly any Kx.

warrlegacy
02-09-2007, 02:05 PM
I ended up raising to $10. BB folded and UTG pushed. Just checking up as I'm a bit rusty at this level.

I think playing it passive and calling only lets BB get in cheap and catch up to me.

Genz
02-09-2007, 02:17 PM
I like your line. If it had been a bigger bet than $2, I'd consider flat calling. But if you call here, BB gets better than 11:2 on his call and his right to chase with about everything.

Imrahil
02-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Lol how is this hard? You flopped TPTK on a dry board against a short stack who has 40bb. Your hand is basically the nuts here. Just get it all in vs. UTG.

Pokey
02-09-2007, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I ended up raising to $10. BB folded and UTG pushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played the hand fine so long as you called this push.