PDA

View Full Version : My session poker review NL50 SH

Antoine
02-09-2007, 09:08 AM
I created a video of me playing my SH NL50, I want your analyze.

I am not proud about some hands and its difficult to show you my game in 10 minutes.

Video of 10 minutes ( 20 Mo).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=52XG544W

SpecT
02-09-2007, 09:09 AM
slick, downloading now

SpecT
02-09-2007, 10:01 AM
1:10 - wen u made the nutflush on the 4 flush board, i would of put him in for his last $13... reason being is generally if they're calling $7 on that texture of a board, they're also calling $13.

1:42 - 76s i didnt like betting that river with bottom pair, its ok that u played the hand passively. Remember, always think about y ur betting. generally, you bet out like that on the river if u think u can achieve 1 of 2 things, they being.. 1) get a call from a wors hand, or 2) get a better hand to fold. As not many worse hands are calling, and no better hands are folding, this bet has no value at all. I'd much rather c/c as it induces bluffs.

3:04 - with the QT, same point as before... that $15 bet is only going to be called by a better hand than urs. a J or a worse Q will probably be folding this river. I would of probably checked, but a smaller valuebet would of been acceptable, a size that u think a worse hand will call.

4:54 - QT, would of bet $3.50 on that flop. His weak lead on the turn tells you that he either has a weak ace of draw, i hate calling here and would be puttin him allin for the rest of his stack because: if he has an ace, there are alot of river cards that scare him, like the one that came that kills ur action (I was very surprised he called). If he has a draw, he will c/f it most of the time on the river if he misses, but is pot committed to get it in on the turn.

5:38 - AA, id be betting out $4.50 on this flop, maybe even $5 so we can get the rest of it in on the turn

8:40 - KK, nice preflop raise. I also liked the way u played it postflop, although i kinda saw ur mouse going towards the raise button and i was like... noooooooooo dont do it /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. im curious though, if he shoved that flop, or put most of his stack in, would you have called?

10:12 - i think the preflop call is marginal. Flop bet was good. Turn is definately a check though. Once again... do u think u can fold a better hand (ie. flush)? no. Do u think u can get a call from a worse pair of kings on a 4 flush board? noooooo. so, dont bet there, just check it, then u can hopefully get it checked down to the river. remember, u always have to have a reason to bet, and 'i have top pair' is not always a good enough reason, especially on this board. Also, wat hands call $4 on that board on the turn, then folds to $5 on the river? that 6h didnt change anythin, and he doesnt have a draw, so if he's calling that turn better he's definately calling that river bet.

I hope i wasnt too mean , its meant to b constructive criticism so dont take it too personally. Overall i think you game is pretty good. The one glaring leak i can see though is you just betting for the sake of betting. When you decide whether to bet or not, u cant just consider ur cards, u also have consider board texture, ur opponents holdings, wat u want to happen, etc. Alot of the time there u bet, where checking would of been a much better option. I know i keep drilling it into you, but wen u bet, especially on the river, you do it if u think either a worse hand than urs will call, or a better hand than urs will fold. Alot of the time this was not the case. Sorry, i know im pretty bad at explaining it, but if u have any troubles or didnt understand about somethin i said, or even just wanna ask some more questions, just pm me ur msn or aim or watevs and we can talk.

Disclaimer: these are just my opinions, and i could be totally wrong. Don't just blindly follow my advice, i think the best thing to do is to try afew of these things ive recommended and see how it goes. If it works, keep it, if it doesn't, ditch it.

anywayz im off to bed, i hope i helped abit. nice vid /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Antoine
02-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Wow very great answer. Thanks a lot for your analyze. I think you are totally right, I am going to fix it.

The vid was in french so I explained why I bluff on the river so much etc.. the next i'll do in english.

Can we talk on msn anyway or not ? I would be glad to talk to you.