PDA

View Full Version : cash game river betting

JackSevenSuited
02-09-2007, 04:11 AM
Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (BTN): $35.65
SB: $21.5
BB: $18.75
UTG: $6.60
CO: $50.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.75, 5 players)
UTG folds, CO folds, Hero calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, BB checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.5, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.50</font>, SB calls $0.50, BB folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif [6/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($2.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1</font>, SB calls $1

<font color="black">River:</font> 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif [K/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($4.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $5</font>

Is there any value in raising here? The SB has played the hand very slow which leaves the full house a definite possibility, especially being in the small blind. What about the mini-raise on the river, that is often the sign of a big hand praying to get payed off. Do i raise or call? I hate giving up value when i have the best hand but i hate it even more when i 3 bet and face a 4 bet/push.

Sir Winalot
02-09-2007, 04:15 AM
Raise to 4bb preflop and pot the flop and turn.

Sweir
02-09-2007, 04:17 AM
Your bet sizing is too small.

Raise to 4BBs PF, it is folded round to you on the button with a 89s. Bet more on the flop multiway. Atleast $1. Bet more on the turn, ~$2. Bet more on the river, ~$4, and 3bet the min-raise.

br.bm
02-09-2007, 05:07 AM
I call those min raises only.

Maybe he has a boat maybe less ... and less doesn't pay often enough to call the all ins from boats

eigenvalue
02-09-2007, 05:54 AM
(1) Bet far more on the flop, at least $1.5 maybe $2.5
(2) Bet more on the turn, at least the pot
(3) Call his minraise. Reraising is weak on paired boards.

BobAllinSki
02-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Dont open call on the button pre-flop, raise it up

In small pots bet the pot, wether you are bluffing or not, people 'should' think in terms of odds, but they actually think in terms of $$ so are much looser, and if an opponent calls 3 streets $1 on the pot is worth $9 on the river.

River is a push or call, any reasonable raise will comit you to call a raise, villain might fold a bare K but you want to avoid the situation where you re-open the betting against a boat for a small return while failing to get maximum value from very likely 2 pair &amp; trip type hands.