PDA

View Full Version : NL20 - Home Game - I Flopped Top Two

Mal_Pais
02-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Weekly home game. BB is a new player to the game, local micro stakes rounder that plays in several home games weekly for higher stakes. A textbook LAG. Raises a lot preflop with trash and overbets most streets. In two weeks of playing with him, I'd guess his stats would look something like 50/30/6. He doubled me up earlier (he had 66) when he called my push preflop with KK.

Blinds: .10/.20

UTG - $15
MP - $20
CO - $20
Hero - $45
SB - $60
BB - $50

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, 1 fold, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB raises to $1, UTG calls $.80, CO calls $.80, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($4.00) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 players)
BB bets $1, UTG folds, CO folds, Hero raises to $6, BB raises to $12, <font color="red">Hero ???? </font>

Any thoughts on how to play this? Thanks.

RAHZero
02-09-2007, 01:30 AM
Shove. I'm pretty much never giving this guy credit for a flopped flush, and a set is pretty unlikely here. I'd put his range on an overpair with a spade, AsTx, QsJx. He may also have air or a weaker draw. Given that he called your PF shove with 66, I'm assuming he's pretty donkish as well, and will call a push here with any of the overpair and AsTx hands. In short, there are very few hands you're behind on this flop, but your hand is very vulnerable. Folding here is way too weak-tight, calling puts us in a bad spot on the turn. Push is the only way to go, protect your hand and force villain to a decision.

Mal_Pais
02-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks. I shoved, thinking what you said, that he was loose enough that he would never lay down the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif or an overpair with a /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

The concern I had was that he had been overbetting most streets all night, then he bets this flop for $1. It was either a monster or he was trying to draw cheap and I was crushing his range, so I shoved.