PDA

View Full Version : Axs PF in late position vs. limpers

verg
02-08-2007, 11:17 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($52.65)
SB ($14.75)
BB ($30.05)
UTG ($35.05)
MP ($34.75)
Hero ($50.20)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Hero...

I used to raise 6x bb here.
But I've been thinking lately that maybe I should just limp here.
I probably don't take the pot pf enough to justify raising, and secondly Axs is a good hand multiway.

Thoughts?

Sean Fraley
02-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Behind two limpers, I call. With one limper, I raise.

Rollos
02-09-2007, 01:49 AM
If they call a lot of raises, just limp. If they fold a decent amount of time, then raise.

bozzer
02-09-2007, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my standard line at 5NL.

[ QUOTE ]
If they call a lot of raises, just limp. If they fold a decent amount of time, then raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

but adjust like this...

munkey
02-09-2007, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My standard line. I raise if they'll likely fold to a cbet else limp along.

Don't forget to consider the blinds calling of PFR tendencies too.

Sir Winalot
02-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Call, you have position and you're getting huge implied odds.

If you would raise here, what hands do you think would pay you off postflop? You have the 2nd worst kicker in the deck, you'd have to hit 2 pair or floooosh to get paid IMO.

AceLuby
02-09-2007, 01:44 PM
This depends on two things IMO:

How often do they limp/fold?

How often do they fold to a c-bet or a turn bet?

If they do either often than I raise. If not I limp behind.

CrazyEyez
02-09-2007, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you would raise here, what hands do you think would pay you off postflop? You have the 2nd worst kicker in the deck, you'd have to hit 2 pair or floooosh to get paid IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you raise here, it's to win the hand PF or w/ a c-bet, not to get paid off by a worse hand.

Sir Winalot
02-09-2007, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you raise here, it's to win the hand PF or w/ a c-bet, not to get paid off by a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
In my experience we're not going to see them all fold nearly as often as they should to make it a +EV move, so I think we have to raise for value or at least occasionally win a big pot.