PDA

View Full Version : Playing a 3-suited board correctly w/ TP

Entropy4
02-08-2007, 05:18 PM
This isn't any specific hand history, but it's an example of a situation I've been in a lot recently and seem to be losing money. I want to see what the correct line is.

$.25 BB, 6-handed.

UTG folds.
UTG+1 folds.
Hero in MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="red">raises to $1.00.</font>
CO folds.
Villain, on the button, calls $1.00.
SB folds.
BB calls $.75.

Flop is A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif. (Pot = $3.10)

BB checks.
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.25.</font>
Villain calls $2.25.
BB folds.

Turn is 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif. (Pot = $8.60)

<font color="red">Hero bets $4.00.</font>
Villain calls $4.00.

River is 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. (Pot = $16.60)

Hero?

--------------------------------------
Do I assume he would have folded to the bets (due to pot odds) if he was on the flush draw and value bet? I guess against a logical opponent, he would only call with the flush or a high Ace. I'm asking this here because the last few times this has happened, the guy called on the river and showed the flush. It's cost me at least a buy-in. Is there a more efficient way to approach this situation? What about a check/raise on the flop?

ninenine_zoe
02-09-2007, 08:06 AM
i think your bets are too small.
i call you w/ a pair + FD and raise anything better.
i call/raise you on the river when i can beat AQ and fold anything else. so i think a river bet only works as a bluff or vs a horrible player.

better line could be pot on the flop, c/c turn, c/f river. but this depends on the opponent.

spalding
02-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Bet more on the turn, check/call river.

homanga
02-09-2007, 03:24 PM
I might check/raise turn find out right then if you win the hand.