fooz
02-08-2007, 11:09 AM
UTG 51/9/1.2/34
CO 55/47/7.5/35

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $14.15
UTG+1: $30
CO: $31.75
Button: $24.65
Hero: $26.60
BB: $34.80

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#000000">CO raises to $0.5</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($1.75, 3 players)
<font color="#000000">Hero bets $1.5</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4.75, 2 players)
<font color="#000000">Hero bets $4</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($12.75, 2 players)
<font color="#000000">Hero bets $8</font>

So into the Flop I have a fish between me and the maniacal PFR. I'm hoping to trap for more bets, i.e. more money, so I donk. Then it's a semi-bluff and bluff for the last two streets. Admittedly my thinking is: "get him to fold (a likely better hand) so I can take this pot". What should I be thinking? Should I have played the hand any differently?

Sweir
02-08-2007, 11:21 AM
I would probably c/r, I dont really like a donk-bet. Turn looks fine as played. River is pretty read dependant, you have to put villian on a range and then see how much of that range he will fold.

AceLuby
02-08-2007, 11:30 AM
Personally, I don't think you need to bet as much on the river. If you're repping the 7, 8 or A and he had any missed draw (which is a big part of his range) almost any bet will make him fold, so I would make it something like 5. Note that if I had a 7 I would try to value bet that the same way.

However, if he wasn't on a draw and calls/raises you save yourself that $3. I'm not afraid of someone making a move on me here w/ nothing because at these levels it just doesn't happen that often.

Also, I wouldn't pot the turn OOP, I don't like building a big pot OOP on a draw. $3 would be plenty IMO.

Wolfram
02-08-2007, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What should I be thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]
You should be thinking "never bluff at µ-limits" over and over again.

I play flop the same, betting it for value. I don't like to c/r here 'cause you won't get the fold enough, and you can't really c/r all-in because of the small pot. You might get a free card on the turn if you check though, but c/r-ing flop and checking turn is so donkish.

I probably just check the turn, 'cause most of the time you are beat, he won't fold, and he will almost always bet too little, giving you great odds to hit the river. I don't mind the semi-bluff though.

The river is spew. He won't fold an eight or a pocket pair.

barryc83
02-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Don't bluff stations. I like the flop/turn play here but c/f the river. If they called 2 streets, you can pretty much bank on them calling the 3rd also.

fooz
02-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Thanks. I'm fresh off the "limit-boat". ...and quickly learning the "never bluff uNL".

On this hand, I think I side with AceL here.

I like betting out on the Flop for value: I certainly have the pot equity edge. Perhaps a slightly smaller bet on the Turn. And just enough on the River to get the draw to fold. As played, villain did fold the River, but he certainly would've folded for much less.

fooz
02-08-2007, 11:50 AM
What's a "station-range" here? I don't really have a feel for it yet. I know it's somewhat a function of their VPIP, but is 20-30 WtSD a little high, and over 30 a definite calling station?

JadeRedstone
02-08-2007, 12:49 PM
I probably fold suited connectors from the SB - even to a min raise. It so hard to play a drawing hand OOP.

If played, I'll c/r flop. and c/f turn.

Check_The_Nuts
02-08-2007, 01:10 PM
better if the turn was another 8 than a 7. Its OK but I don't think I would have bet the turn. River bet may get a weak 8 to fold, but I doubt he'll fold 99+...