PDA

View Full Version : QQ with serious pre-flop action

maccamack
02-08-2007, 10:11 AM
I have been at the table for about 100 hands and generally run at 23/12. The villian with the stack in this hand has been re-raising pre-flop enough to catch my eye (as in he must be doing it light), and shorty has actually been thoroughly unlucky to be where he is - he didn't reload though so take that for what you will.

Full tilt $50NL 6 max

Hero ~$50 Q /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Button: ~$50
BB: ~$12

Pre flop: UTG folds, Hero raises to $2, Fold, Button raises to $8, SB folds, BB bet $12 and is all in.

So what do you do here?

Push to isolate shorty, call and see what the flop brings, or fold because the action isn't complete yet and re-raisy bloke can put you under more pressure?

Thoughts appreciated.

Sweir
02-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Push for sure, calling is horrible and you cant fold.

Caelallaiach
02-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Yeah I went for push too, if this guy has been re-raising light, which is what we think then we want to shove all-in here.

Calling is bad because we will have no idea where we stand if an A or K comes out and will be OOP vs. the Big Stack Button.

Folding just seems too weak versus the short stack and a player who we believe to reraise lighter than normal.

BukNaked36
02-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Call. Push any non-AK flop.

If villian pushes over the top preflop, I'm also calling.

Warteen
02-08-2007, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Call. Push any non-AK flop.

If villian pushes over the top preflop, I'm also calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

ninenine_zoe
02-08-2007, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If villian pushes over the top preflop...

[/ QUOTE ]
can villain actually push over the top?

maccamack
02-08-2007, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A good question I don't know the answer to.

What does QFT mean?

Jouster777
02-08-2007, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A good question I don't know the answer to.

What does QFT mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would push if I could since I'm OOP to the live stack and a lot of A's and K's go into the muck. However, since BTN raised $6 and BB's AI is only $4 more, I think the action is closed? Is this a real hand?

QFT means quoted for truth

maccamack
02-08-2007, 11:27 AM
When it comes back to me it's $10 to call - I had the option to raise.

I don't know whether if I had called, whether original re-raiser would have been able to raise - having thought about it I suspect not.

Caelallaiach
02-08-2007, 11:27 AM
The short stack's push all-in is less than the minimum raise and so does not re-open the action. Hero can raise if he wants to because of the Button's raise, but if Hero calls then Button's only options are call or fold, since he was the last person to put in a proper raise.

Jouster777
02-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Thx...I've always been confused on that rule (obviously)

maccamack
02-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Results:

I pushed - if I had realised at the time that villian could not push over the top I might have just called - but I think pushing was correct given my read. Villian called with Kh9h and shorty had AhAc

Flop came Kc 9c x giving villian two pair. Next two card were clubs giving me the side pot (~$76) and shorty the main pot (~$36). Villian left the table.

My computer barely survived the experience.....

BukNaked36
02-08-2007, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Results:

My computer barely survived the experience.....

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Make sure to remember donk's name and track him down again.

People see more preflop reraises lately and think it's cool. Then somebody calls them on it and they panic. Seen it a few times now.