PDA

View Full Version : 25--AK Flops Top Two HU OOP to pf3B'r: Did I bet right?

TomBrooks
02-08-2007, 04:21 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed)

Button is loose preflop but somewhat tight with his raises...60/8. Haven't noticed anything particular about him (playing 3 tables in a relaxed manner--most reads out the window for me.)

Should I have c/r'd less? He took a long long time and then folded. He almost called. Was hoping he would.

BB ($6.75)
UTG ($8.60)
Hero ($33.25)
CO ($26.70)
Button ($30.45)
SB ($36.30)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $2.25, Hero calls $1.75.

Flop: ($7.60) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $5</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: $27.60

carnivalhobo
02-08-2007, 04:22 AM
after you know the pot will be HU, im fine with smoothcalling the flop.

Genz
02-08-2007, 04:27 AM
If he is a tight preflop raiser he is probably even tighter with his reraises. So he either has QQ here and you don't get much money from him or he has AA, KK. You are basically hoping that he is mixing it up with AQ or something like that. So you don't want to put pressure on a weaker hand and you don't want to grow a pot against a hand that has you beat. This is wa/wb, imo. So I just call here.

TomBrooks
02-08-2007, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he is a tight preflop raiser he is probably even tighter with his reraises. So he either has QQ here and you don't get much money from him or he has AA, KK. You are basically hoping that he is mixing it up with AQ or something like that. So you don't want to put pressure on a weaker hand and you don't want to grow a pot against a hand that has you beat. This is wa/wb, imo. So I just call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a good point. I'd guess he was mixing it up with AQ because I don't think he'd have to think about it for 40 seconds with QQ. My c/r was probably a really bad idea as I could usually expect to get a fold or lose my stack. In limit I'd like the c/r or maybe c/r'g on the turn because any decent Ace would usually call down.

Roadstar
02-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Please raise more preflop as it looks weak and prompts villains in position to repop you sometimes.

With 60/8 I doubt he is that tight with his reraises, but if he were you got to put him on QQ+,AK - in which case his range is actually ahead of yours.

Since I don't think thats the case, I'd normally lead out at this levels, you want to build a pot when ahead. A C/R rings alarm bells for even the dumbest of villains - making it an easier fold for villain.

In this particular hand, if he indeed had AQ then he'd probably call your flop bet in the $5 range. On the turn, you can either keep valuing betting and getting him commited. Or stack-a-donk with a turn crai if he is aggressive on the turn (HUD should tell you that).

As played, if you do check, call the bet, and bet 1/2-2/3 the turn. This could maximize value against AJs-AQ type hands.