PDA

View Full Version : Position PT Stats - 50NL

gir
02-08-2007, 02:49 AM
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8290/50nlpositionsww2.jpg

I'm happy with my numbers overall, but UTG, I'm clearly not doing something right. Am I too loose? Aggressive? Is it just variance? Is the fact that I've only played 1400 hands UTG a factor?

Is my BB number too negative?
I fold SB to steal 83%
I fold BB to steal 76%

My Att. to Steal is 34%.

carnivalhobo
02-08-2007, 03:58 AM
the winrates mean close to nothing with a sample this small your sb vpip is quite high, consider tightening up there
you show good positional awareness, but you shouldnt be limping utg with anything IMO.

gir
02-08-2007, 04:14 AM
Assuming the necessity of 20 buy-ins for each level, wouldn't it be adequate to win 40 buy-ins at any given level and leave it behind?

carnivalhobo
02-08-2007, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming the necessity of 20 buy-ins for each level, wouldn't it be adequate to win 40 buy-ins at any given level and leave it behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

well yea, my point is, in the long run you will not be winner from the blinds, so analyzing how much you are winning from a given position after 20k hands is a waste of time. The vpip/pfr stats are useful to show positional awareness.

20 buyins isnt enough anymore unless you are willing to move down quickly and frequently.

gir
02-08-2007, 04:23 AM
What would you recommend?

carnivalhobo
02-08-2007, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What would you recommend?

[/ QUOTE ]

well it really depends on the person, im a bankroll nit, and others are much more agressive. what it comes down to are your goals in the game and if you are willing to drop down if you run bad.

I think 25 is a better number in general, and for moving to 100 from 50 taking a shot when you get to 1800-2k would be totally appropriate, but moving to 200 i would want at least 5-6k and im waiting for more than double that for my trip to 400.

There are some good posts about bankroll, and if you have a high tolerance for variance and dont mind a higher risk of ruin than a more agressive strategy with lots of shot taking may suit you better. The games have gotten more agressive as a whole though, and at least at the 1/2 level a 10 buyin swing is totally normal.

gir
02-08-2007, 04:57 AM
Wow...okay. That's scary. I have high variance in terms of buy-ins/hour. 25. You've sold me. I have about 2300 right now, but I'll keep playing, ideally bring it to over 3000 before I start at 100NL. Any huge differences between 50 and 100 that you notice? Are there less idiots? Because I love idiots. I make small cash off tags but go to value-town with morons.

carnivalhobo
02-08-2007, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow...okay. That's scary. I have high variance in terms of buy-ins/hour. 25. You've sold me. I have about 2300 right now, but I'll keep playing, ideally bring it to over 3000 before I start at 100NL. Any huge differences between 50 and 100 that you notice? Are there less idiots? Because I love idiots. I make small cash off tags but go to value-town with morons.

[/ QUOTE ]

with 2300 and a 8bb/100 winrate at 50, you should feel confident in moving up soon. THB i havent played 100nl in several months (since before the fristaments) but its not that big a jump, id imagine there will be a few tags who start to 3bet LP raises light, and more people floating you. play your game and be tricked into thinking its a totally different game (i tend to get fps when i move up, or constantly think people are putting moves on me).

gir
02-08-2007, 06:02 AM
My confidence is slowly growing. Thanks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif When I get the balls, I shall definitely begin testing the water.