PDA

View Full Version : KK vs LagTard, board pairing river

MasterLJ
02-08-2007, 01:07 AM
Villain is 75/35 over 50 hands

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (MP): $51.90
CO: $69.70
BTN: $54
SB: $82.75
BB: $13.65
UTG: $20.15

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $4</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $2

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($8.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks
I intended to C/R obviously

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif [Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($8.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, BTN calls $7
Villain tanked FOREVER before making this call

<font color="black">River:</font> T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif [Q/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($22.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets all in for $43</font>, Hero...?

SABR42
02-08-2007, 01:09 AM
I'd just 4-bet pre-flop.

As played you have to call river.

Isura
02-08-2007, 01:11 AM
4-bet PF. Bet the river. Why would you check there? It is such a clear VB unless you were trying to induce bluffs from missed raws (only the backdoor FD since he would bet a normal one on the flop). So bet/fold river is better in this spot. River is tough, I think you see a boat/AA a lot since he was probably thinking about raising turn. Also, wrong forum.

MasterLJ
02-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Just sparking some debate here but...

I do normally 4-bet a weak 3-bet when I have Kings. If it's a strong 3-bet, I call obviously, and try to shove flop (which is what I tried to do here).
EDIT: I really don't mind being OOP against a LagTard with a monster as it allows me to induce large betting.

As for the river, why would you bet it? You are forced to call a shove if you PSB the river and you are forced to fold if you 1/2 PSB the flop and are shoved upon. I don't like being in a tough spot verse a LagTard where I can control the pot somewhat by letting them bet. Obviously, this bet is ridiculous and suspicious and I like it better than a $10 bet, although I'm calling both fwiw... but this thread isn't about what I did or do regularly, but about what I should do in a vaccuum.

Marshall28
02-08-2007, 01:23 AM
i check fold river since Q is highly likely to be in his range.

prodonkey
02-08-2007, 02:45 AM
Why is this the wrong forum?

I also think you see AA here about never.. JJ and 99 are much more likely along with AQ and AK and some random donkey hand he decided to jam on the river