PDA

View Full Version : my AA lines suck

holyfield5
02-08-2007, 12:02 AM
I am trying to work on being able to get away from aces, while i dont have any hands to post can someone comment on how they factor HUD stats into decideding how far to go with aces. Also when villians just open push, ive seen a wide range of hands here from weaker overpairs to 2pr to sets, what are your thoughts of calling the open pushes or overpushes with AA.

lastly if you bet out flop, get RR, do you generally call and try to get to showdown(you will probably get put AI anyways) or do you go with a reraise and fold/call to push?

Maybe im too loose with AA vs unknowns and should let them make some obvious plays before ill call down hard with it.

Acein8ter
02-08-2007, 12:06 AM
If someone pushes their stack into you and you hold AA, gladly accept their bet and PUSH everytime.

The thing you need to be carefull of when facing aggression after the flop is a set, str8 or monotone flop. That's why evaluation of the 'texture' of the flop is important. Also putting the villian on a range of possible calling hands that calls your 'large' PFR.

Bowlboy
02-08-2007, 12:07 AM
depends a lot on the villain as you know, but also on the preflop action. If you raise, villain 3bets, you 4bet and get called you can typically put villains on a pretty narrow range, and the pot is already large so pushing is often correct.

You should just post a bunch of AA hands and you'll get lots of feedback that wont be generalized like 'push if he's a donk' or 'fold if board is paired'.

Marshall28
02-08-2007, 12:07 AM
the questions you are asking are extremely broad and situation dependent. im afraid to say that the only real way to be able to answer these questions is to know based on experience of playing them hundreds and hundreds of times over and over.

sorry bud.

Hank Scorpio
02-08-2007, 12:13 AM
you need to get a feel for reading people. there are no guidelines from preventing your aces from getting cracked.

read the hands on this forum.

holyfield5
02-08-2007, 12:36 AM
ive played them thousands of times....I do have a very positive number with AA etc just looking to improve as this is the main area i drop buy ins at(make lots too though). I think its just that im seeing the very top of villians ranges lately so i need reassurance im not just handing buyins away.

reraised pots its pretty easy, but regular raised pots villians are looking me up with a very very wide range especially in position. they are pretty aggro always so pot control isnt really an option often times.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BTN: $41.30
SB: $51.15
BB: $92.9
UTG: $43.90
MP: $43.15
Hero (CO): $138.95

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, BTN calls $2, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> J/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all in to $39.30</font>, Hero calls $35.80

<font color="black">Turn:</font> J/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif [2/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($83.35, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">River:</font> J/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif [9/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($83.35, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">Results:</font>
BTN had 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (three of a kind, Threes) and won $80.35
Hero had A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (a pair of Aces)
Final Pot: $80.35 ($3.00 rake)

Full Tilt Poker
6 Players

UTG: $55.80
Hero (MP): $52.20
CO: $76.75
BTN: $19.25
SB: $13.15
BB: $16

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.50</font>, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $5

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($13.75, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $9</font>, UTG calls $9

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [J/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($31.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets all in for $40.30</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $40.30 returned to UTG

<font color="black">River:</font> T/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif [] ($31.75, 1 players)
No action

Full Tilt Poker
6 Players

BB: $67.5
Hero (UTG): $49.75
MP: $37.10
CO: $76.25
BTN: $127.65
SB: $21.3

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP folds, CO calls $2, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($4.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $7</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all in to $47.75</font>, CO calls $40.75

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif [K/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($100.25, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">River:</font> 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif [4/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($100.25, 2 players)
No action

Hero had A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif (a pair of Aces)
CO had 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (three of a kind, Eights) and won $97.25
Final Pot: $97.25 ($3.00 rake)

Full Tilt Poker
4 Players

UTG: $47.3
CO: $49.35
BTN: $50
Hero (SB): $53.45

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 4 players)
CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, UTG folds, BTN calls $5

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($14.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $16</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all in to $46.70</font>, BTN calls all in for $27
Uncalled bet of $3.70 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif [K/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($100.5, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">River:</font> 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif [K/images/graemlins/spade.gif] ($100.5, 2 players)
No action

BTN had 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (a full house, Sixes full of Kings) and won $98.50
Hero had A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (two pair, Aces and Kings)
Final Pot: $98.50 ($2.00 rake)

Full Tilt Poker
6 Players

SB: $43.85
BB: $48.25
UTG: $74.60
MP: $13.55
CO: $57.25
Hero (BTN): $51.15

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.50</font>, SB folds, BB folds, CO calls $2

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($5.75, 2 players)
<font color="red">CO bets $1</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all in to $54.75</font>, Hero calls all in for $44.65
Uncalled bet of $6.10 returned to CO

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif [9/images/graemlins/club.gif] ($103.05, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">River:</font> 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif [3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($103.05, 2 players)
No action

CO had T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (two pair, Tens and Fives) and won $100.05
Hero had K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (a pair of Kings)
Final Pot: $100.05 ($3.00 rake)

As i was going through and looking it really isnt all that bad i guess, its mainly sets that are stacking me........ill chalk the last couple of days up to variance, comments still appreciated.

holyfield5
02-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Full Tilt Poker
6 Players

MP: $68.05
Hero (CO): $83.90
BTN: $35.10
SB: $40.25
BB: $126.65
UTG: $55.40

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $1.75, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3</font>, SB calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif [T/images/graemlins/heart.gif] ($10.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets $10.50</font>, Hero calls $10.50

<font color="black">River:</font> 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif [6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] ($31.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">SB bets all in for $25</font>, Hero calls $25

Hero had A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (a pair of Aces)
SB had Q/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif (a straight, King high) and won $78.50
Final Pot: $78.50 ($3.00 rake)

boycalledroy
02-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Let me TRY to help here. This is my thinking - in a 3/4-bet flop where the villain has bet again, he has EITHER AA, KK, AK, AQ and possible QQ or JJ. In pots where YOU have raised and people behind have JUST called, they are trying to hit you with a MISTER BIGGY behind you.

So with this in mind....
Hand 1 you have to put the guy either on a PP or suited connectors. Possibly a combo draw. The raise indicates extreme strength. Before I saw his holding I thought he had either 45s J10s or QJs. All these hands have you in a whole world of sheet. Sadly he had an even bigger monstor concealed.

On the 2nd hand with the massive raise I put him down to either AK, AA or KK. I reckon he has AKs and has tptk+flush draw. I think you folded the best hand there. The fact he bet UTG is another reason I put him on that. I make a crying call here.

Hand 3 - I go broke. BTN could have anyting.

Here is a little rule I have for aces....

If my PREFLOP bet is in line with other hands, such as catching hands or weaker hands on the button, then they are treated as such. Not miracle cards, but a top pair. Would top pair stand the scrutiny of aggressive raises?

OTOH if preflop I can get 30/40/50% of my stack in the middle, nothing is stopping me from pushing the rest of it in on ANY flop.

As you are playing poker correctly, you can discard AA at a whim, as you know its not that hands that are the most important thing but the position.

Marshall28
02-08-2007, 12:53 AM
1st hand is fine, 2nd hand u could probly get away from, but still not a clear cut decision. 3rd hand is fine. 4th hand is fine. 5th hand is fine. 6th hand ... either shove turn or fold river.

holyfield5
02-08-2007, 01:03 AM
actually now that you mention it I think AA has been clouding the fact that im OOP in my mind. the way i play these guys start calling behind me a lot and start applying pressure &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; their cards with pretty much any pair but i can find better spots than AA for all my chips when its that much more. without position im gonna start letting it go more often to heat.

hand 2, i agree i probably should have called, I had just gotten aces cracked twice though and was feeling tight and like i needed to get away from them..