PDA

View Full Version : KK preflop

Cosmo26
02-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Sorry if this situation has been discussed a million times before.
Is moving all-in the right choice here or should i just call and see the flop?
I'm thinking that if he had aces it is an easy choice for him to call, on the other side i would have called everytime if he had been the first to move all-in, because I've seen people moving all-in with all kind of crap at this level.
In other words, does it make any difference to put somebody all-in or to call an all-in?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
9 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter (http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
Hero (SB): $11.05
BB: $9.9
UTG: $4.35
UTG+1: $9.50
MP1: $3.45
MP2: $2.35
MP3: $6.75
CO: $9.15
BTN: $3.30

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.15, 9 players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $3.30</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero ?</font>

Imrahil
02-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Push.

gui166
02-07-2007, 08:17 PM
yep. Puuuush

Antinome
02-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Obviously we prefer to call pushes by players who push more than they call, and push into players who call more than they push, but the exigencies of poker, and to be more specific, this hand, demand that we sometimes act descively regardless of opposing players' tendancies; to wit- push!

EMc
02-07-2007, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously we prefer to call pushes by players who push more than they call, and push into players who call more than they push, but the exigencies of poker, and to be more specific, this hand, demand that we sometimes act descively regardless of opposing players' tendancies; to wit- push!

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked it.

Bowlboy
02-07-2007, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously we prefer to call pushes by players who push more than they call, and push into players who call more than they push,

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is pure common sense yet I've never heard it before. nh sir.

Antinome
02-07-2007, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously we prefer to call pushes by players who push more than they call, and push into players who call more than they push,

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is pure common sense yet I've never heard it before. nh sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does presuppose that you are a TAG with a real hand, but thanks.

eigenvalue
02-08-2007, 09:09 AM
At that level, I liked to see a flop with KK and if no A appeared, I moved all-in. The reason was that in this case I avoided loosing my stack against people who moved all-in with any AX hand.

Jouster777
02-08-2007, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Indubitably!
Might consider a call IP but this is a push.

Elverian
02-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Push all in. Only hand you fear is aces - you are 4:1 fav against any PP and any ace hand has essentially, only 3 outs.

Has to be +ve EV.

Final point - you act first as SB. If you intend to check an ace-high flop do you call villains all-in? He may have QQ, JJ etc and bluff you out - disasterous.
If the flop is rags, and he reraises your flop bet all-in, do you call? You have to, so push preflop.

Why put yourself in an awkward spot - let your opponent make the tough decision.

poshphil
02-08-2007, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At that level, I liked to see a flop with KK and if no A appeared, I moved all-in. The reason was that in this case I avoided loosing my stack against people who moved all-in with any AX hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure hate putting my money in as a favourite too.

Cosmo26
02-08-2007, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Why put yourself in an awkward spot - let your opponent make the tough decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is, if he has aces i offer him an easy decision.
But if he has aces, and the flop looks somehow scary to him because a flush or a straight draw might appear I might bluff him off. So this would be the tougher decision for him.
Nevertheless i decided to move all-in in this situation.

Warteen
02-08-2007, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

But if he has aces, and the flop looks somehow scary to him because a flush or a straight draw might appear I might bluff him off. So this would be the tougher decision for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Approximately 0% of 10 NL players will be pushed off a given flop with AA.

Jouster777
02-08-2007, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Approximately 0% of 10 NL players will be pushed off a given flop with AA.

[/ QUOTE ]
...and about 0% of ANY NL players will be pushed off AA if they are concerned about a FD or SD.