PDA

View Full Version : Game Selection

The CloseR
02-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Hey, New guy to the forums, been a member of P5's for a couple years now. But have decided to go cash instead of the tourny world with moderate success, the dry spells get to me.......ANYWAYS

I play on stars cash and plan to work my way up the levels grinding it out since I have not daily obligations. What games are you guys looking for when you play? For the LAG guy to the TAG. I like playing my TAG since these stakes you cant play LAG without 3 Others going to the flop with you.

%of PLYR see flop?
Avg Pot?
etc?

Thanks for your input,

ADK
02-07-2007, 07:17 PM
high average pots, % flop atleast 40 no higher than 60/65.. and as little shortstacks as possible.

Sigurd
02-08-2007, 03:31 AM
And why on earth wouldn't you want to play on a table with 65% flop??

JadeRedstone
02-08-2007, 06:56 AM
High % flop seens, high average flop. don't mind the short stacks.
When I get in a table I wont sit if I'm OOP to a really big stack. ie 1.5XBB and higher.

illuminati
02-08-2007, 08:20 AM
there are surprisingly a few decent players at like 25nl, you can play aggro in position over limpers etc. people aren't throwing a party but most are so bad they know what you're doing but are so weak and helpless against it.

MusashiStyle
02-08-2007, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there are surprisingly a few decent players at like 25nl, you can play aggro in position over limpers etc. people aren't throwing a party but most are so bad they know what you're doing but are so weak and helpless against it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this is true, there are a bunch of decent multi-tablers like paultjuh who are playing god knows how many tables and playing pretty solid.

SpecT
02-08-2007, 09:27 AM
i think at uNL stakes, its more important to realise wen ur at bad tables rather than trying to find good ones. 80% of tables will be soft, most players are clueless, but i think you need to be able to work out wat that 20% of tough tables are and leave them as soon as possible.

If you want to push every small edge though, id datamine for a while, then try and get on the tables with the highest vpips. Also, if there is one or two huge fish on the table, and the rest are tougher regs, then dont be afraid to leave the table if ur OOP (to the left of) against the fish, coz fish are so hard to play OOP, especially calling stations. Anywayz, there's lots of other soft tables out there where you can get a good position. lol, a nice tangent

so i guess, an important part of table selection is obviously % flop seen, av pot, vpip, etc to find the fish. But a largely overlooked part is making sure your in good position at the tables. I dont mind if im OOP to the regs, coz im not looking to take money off them. I'd gladly sacrifice position on good players, to gain position on bad players, coz the bad players are where you should be making your money

MadMat
02-08-2007, 09:35 AM
at $25nl I scan the lobby and join the waiting list for all the tables with over $5 pot averages and over 40% flop. usually at least 5 or 6 tables meeting that criteria on crypto in the UK evenings.

Mat

thac
02-08-2007, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so i guess, an important part of table selection is obviously % flop seen, av pot, vpip, etc to find the fish. But a largely overlooked part is making sure your in good position at the tables. I dont mind if im OOP to the regs, coz im not looking to take money off them. I'd gladly sacrifice position on good players, to gain position on bad players, coz the bad players are where you should be making your money

[/ QUOTE ]

nh, i play the same